Michael Jackson to tour 'for the last time' in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So no one is giving him a shot? I'm thinking the odds are against him too.

I just have a few questions...

Is there any chance he can perform well.. or did he destroy his ability to sing somehow? Example... surgeries on his nose affecting his breathing.... or not practicing/taking care of his voice. Is there any chance he can regain his voice for a live performance?

and if he can perform well enough...

Does anyone really think these will be his last performances?

He confused me when he said... "this is it... in London." Does that mean... he's done with London :) or that he's done... and he's concluding his live performance career in London and never doing another live show again anywhere.

How good was Michael Jackson back in the day?

The answer is, very good indeed. He had the whole package: the songs, the choreography, the best live performances, the whole show.

Throw in some musicianship and stylistic diversity and you have Prince, the REAL whole package.

So no one is giving him a shot? I'm thinking the odds are against him too.

I just have a few questions...

Is there any chance he can perform well.. or did he destroy his ability to sing somehow? Example... surgeries on his nose affecting his breathing.... or not practicing/taking care of his voice. Is there any chance he can regain his voice for a live performance?

and if he can perform well enough...

Does anyone really think these will be his last performances?

He confused me when he said... "this is it... in London." Does that mean... he's done with London :) or that he's done... and he's concluding his live performance career in London and never doing another live show again anywhere.

He can still sing. MJ recorded a song with Akon last year, and it was supposed to be on Akon's new album (but it was leaked, so Akon scrapped it.) It's called "Hold My Hand", and MJ sounds fantastic on it, just like he did in the 80s.

I think he's still got 'the voice', it just depends on whether he still has the dance moves or energy that he used to. I think he does, though, he seemed pretty energetic during that press conference.

Throw in some musicianship and stylistic diversity and you have Prince, the REAL whole package.

I'm also a Prince (as well as Michael Jackson) fan, but where Michael is lacking in musicianship talent, Prince is lacking in vocal and dancing abilities. Prince has a weak singing voice compared to MJ, and of course, Michael could kick his ass in a dancing contest.

^ Congrats. I hope the shows will be great. :)

I saw a couple of MJ shows back in the day, they were amazing.

I won't go to London because I try to focus on the U2 tour, but I'd go if MJ came and gave a concert in my country.

50 shows at the O2 sold out, more than a million tickets sold ... say what you want about that guy, but this is phenomenal. :ohmy:

I'll admit it, when I first heard about him doing all of those shows, I thought, is there really such a demand to see him? Looks like there is! Good for him, and since so many people obviously have such an interest...good for them too! I hope the shows are great.

It doesn't surprise me that MIchael sold out his shows in London.

Where is he living now? Does he live in Europe or the US?

Back
Top Bottom