Michael Jackson Music/Video Remembrance/Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Ok, so I thought that, apart from the RIP thread in ZS, that there should be a thread here just about his art...the fact that Amazon/ITunes/etc sales charts are dominated today with Michael Jackson's albums and songs shows that a large percentage of us have been moved by his death to listen to his music and watch his videos again, and to gain or regain love and appreciation of them, and I suspect many of us are in that boat, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread for that purpose here in B&C.

To start, I've combed youtube and put together links to every music video he's made that I can think of plus some Jackson 5 and pre-Off The Wall solo stuff. I've tried to find the 'full' versions of any of his super long ones, rather than edited versions. I know anyone can just search for whatever they want on youtube, but he's got a lot of videos and I thought it would be nice to collect them all in one place here. Feel free to add more.

Let's try to keep this thread focused on his music, videos, and dancing...his art.

Jackson Five

I Want You Back
YouTube - The Jackson Five - I Want You Back

I'll Be There
YouTube - Jackson 5 - I'll Be There

ABC
YouTube - The Jackson Five - ABC

Pre-Epic Solo Stuff

Rockin' Robin
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin LIVE with the Jackson 5

I Wanna Be Where You Are
YouTube - I Wanna Be Where You Are - Michael Jackson

Ben
YouTube - Ben - Michael Jackson

Off The Wall

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough

Rock With You
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Rock With You

She's Out Of My Life
YouTube - Michael Jackson - She's Out Of My Life

Thriller

Billie Jean
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Beat It
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Beat It

Thriller
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Thriller

We Are The World
YouTube - We Are The World - Michael Jackson Lionel Richie Cindy Lauper Steve Wonder & Other

Bad

Bad
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Bad (full version 7min)

The Way You Make Me Feel
YouTube - Michael Jackson - The Way You Make Me Feel (long version)

Man In The Mirror
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror

Dirty Diana
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana

Another Part Of Me
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Another Part Of Me

Smooth Criminal
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

Leave Me Alone
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone

Dangerous

Black Or White
YouTube - Michael Jackson : Black Or White :Full Version Bass Amplify

Remember The Time
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Remember The Time

In The Closet
YouTube - Michael Jackson-In the closet

Jam
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Jam

Who Is It
YouTube - Who is it -Michael Jackson Dangerous

Heal The World
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Heal The World

Give In To Me
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Give In To Me

Will You Be There
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Will You Be There (Official Music Video)

Gone Too Soon
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Gone Too Soon

History Book 2

Scream
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Scream

Childhood
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Childhood

You Are Not Alone
YouTube - Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone

Earth Song
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Earth song

They Don't Care About Us - Brazil Version
YouTube - Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us

They Don't Care About Us - Prison Version
YouTube - Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us (Prison Version)

Stranger In Moscow
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Stranger In Moscow

Blood On The Dance Floor

HIStory Remix
YouTube - Michael Jackson - History [Remix] - GREAT

Ghosts
YouTube - Michael Jackson Ghosts Full Version [1/4]
YouTube - Michael Jackson Ghosts Full Version [2/4]
YouTube - Michael Jackson Ghosts Full Version [3/4]
YouTube - Michael Jackson Ghosts Full Version [4/4]

Blood On The Dance Floor
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor

Invincible

You Rock My World
YouTube - Michael Jackson - You Rock My World

Cry
YouTube - Michael Jackson - Cry

Number 1s

One More Chance
YouTube - Michael Jackson - One More Chance

SHe's out of my life :sad: how many times I listened to this over and over on my walkman

some other personal favorites:
YouTube - Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine 1974 RARE jesus, the robot @ 2:00 :drool:

YouTube - Michael Jackson-off the wall live

YouTube - Michael Jackson-Get on the floor (My Video Version) (not the real video, but the song..)

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Thriller - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) (hard to name a favorite MJ tune, but this one is right up there)

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Human Nature (Live Bad Tour 1987) (I have the Live from Japan version...holy fuck he knew how to manipulate a crowd and the band was brilliantly in sync with his every move)

probably one of the best slow jams to get down to of all time:

YouTube - Michael Jackson- The Lady In My Life (full version) - this is the long version which they had to cut because they had too much audio for the vinyl

the album version: YouTube - Michael Jackson - Thriller - The Lady In My Life - the ending...pure sex! ;)

ok I guess I like alot of slow jams LOL:

YouTube - Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Original Music Video)

more later

They played this version on the radio yesterday on the way to the bank, I had to compose myself in the parking lot lol:

YouTube - Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror"

Simply one of THE BEST Grammy performances of all time.

There are a few artists who can induce serious emotional response in the live arena...Bob Marley...Bono..Freddie Mercury....and in class all of his own, Michael :up:

That "Man in the Mirror" performance gets me every time. My mom found out she was pregnant with me not long before it, and it's one of her favorites too.:heart: It's so hard to pick a favorite MJ song or video. They were all so brilliant.

Oh man, the "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough" video cracks me up.:lol: Compared to his other videos from "Thriller" on, it's so amateur. The song kicks ass and takes names, though.:dance: It's so weird that he was the same age as me when "Off The Wall" came out.

ETA: Gosh, the guitar riff in the chorus of "Dirty Diana" is so sick. I frickin' love it.

Many people on the news yesterday were name-dropping artists who have been influenced by MJ...but there was one who was directly promoted by him, in fact in one of his first videos Michael appears, almost as a 'passing of the child star torch' moment..

The artist is Tevin Campbell and he had such a similar voice to Michael imo. When I first heard "Brown Eyed Girl" I actually vehemently argued that it was a MJ song. I hear he's coming out with another album this year.

I'm afraid I'm going to go a bit corny and sentimental round about now.

Michael Jackson, at his peak, had everything - the rhythm, the dance, the craft, the connections.

F***, I don't know what 'it' is, but whatever it is, dude had it.

As has been said before, to those of us who grew up in the '70's and '80's, it's almost as though we grew up in an era when pop/rock music was irrevocably changed - largely due to MJ.

We know now that in terms of record sales, MJ is statistically unique - as there will never be another album that sells as much as Thriller, unless they ban the internet.

His legacy will be in the unique and original music he created, the artists influenced by that music - and hopefully, those still to come.

I have a soft spot for the funky soul of 'Dirty Diana' but if I had to pick one song by MJ, it would be 'Man in the Mirror':

YouTube - Michael Jackson "Man in the Mirror"

Still important, still relevant, IMO...

I have a soft spot for the funky soul of 'Dirty Diana' but if I had to pick one song by MJ, it would be 'Man in the Mirror':

I agree. Man in the Mirror is an amazing song. I fell out of touch with Michael's music after Thriller, meaning I knew his singles but never really actively listened to his music post Thriller, with the exception of this song. And I think I've listened to it like 7 times since yesterday...

Listening to songs like "Rock with You," "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," and "Billie Jean" in succession reveals just how compositionally strong pop music can be, and just how much top 40 music has faltered in the last few decades. Jackson was tremendously gifted and tremendously popular, a combination achieved by very few musicians. For me "Billie Jean" will always be his finest hour - the beat, the vocal, the video, everything was there.

Michael completely owned the UK charts this week, number 1 album, a bunch of songs in the top 40. Man in the Mirror might be number 1 next week, I don't think we'll ever see this again :ohmy:

Did anyone here ever see his concerts??

Yes!!
My first "real" concert was the Jacksons, Victory Tour, summer 1984 in Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN. I was 10 years old! :hyper: It was my first experience with the euphoria of artist and crowd connecting through music, and I'm still trying to recapture that emotion, primarily through U2 tours. :D

I was a budding music fanatic at the time - I guess that's why my mom asked me if I wanted to trek 6 hours across the state with her to meet her sister at the show - and this show pushed me over the edge. I'll never forget the atmosphere that evening before the show as tens of thousands of fellow fans made their way to the stadium. The entrance of the Jacksons at the beginning of the show took at least 5 minutes, as I remember it, and they started out with my favorite MJ song, "Wanna Be Starting Something." I remember working hard to fight back tears as the crowd swelled, the music started, and Michael poured it out! I was young and overwhelmed with the spectacle and emotion, but I couldn't be caught crying by my mom and aunt... :D

Michael completely owned the UK charts this week, number 1 album, a bunch of songs in the top 40. Man in the Mirror might be number 1 next week, I don't think we'll ever see this again :ohmy:

That will be great. I got his Number One's album the day it came out and was shocked to see that Man In The Mirror wasn't on there, meaning it never got to number one. Sometimes the best songs don't get to the top. It said that it was previously was at 21 and this week it climbed to 11 and was his highest single in the charts this week. I don't know if this was an error or that people had been downloading it due to the publicity over his upcoming London concerts. I'd still rather have him alive though :sad:

If I was 9 or 10 I would've been devastated on Thurday. he was the one to get me into music.

Gosh, I can't stop listen to "Stranger In Moscow" lately. It's so beautiful and haunting, and it shows what an utterly brilliant lyricist Michael was. It was on HIStory, but he wrote during the first round of accusations while he was on tour in Moscow for Dangerous. It's heartbreaking to realize the pain this must have caused him, but I'm glad he was at least able to pour it out in his music.

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Stranger In Moscow

Back
Top Bottom