Metallica is back !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you serious? It's essentially the first time in 2 decades I've heard a song of theirs that even remotely resembles the awesomeness of their '80's work. Different strokes, I guess.

Maybe it's a grower. Maybe the studio version will do more for me. Maybe my taste has changed. :slant:

Oh wait... I know my taste has changed since their last one in 2003. :wink: Except for some prog metal like Porcupine Tree, I don't listen to much metal music anymore.

Well, you need to remember that anything Metallica has done through the last two decades wasn't metal, so if that's what you liked, yeah.

:wink:

Track Listing
1) That Was Just Your Life
2) The End Of The Line
3) Broken, Beat & Scarred
4) The Day That Never Comes
5) All Nightmare Long
6) Cyanide
7) The Unforgiven III
8) The Judas Kiss
9) Suicide & Redemption
10) My Apocalypse

:lmao: Hahahahahahaha...this has to be a joke, right?

Track Listing
1) That Was Just Your Life
2) The End Of The Line
3) Broken, Beat & Scarred
4) The Day That Never Comes
5) All Nightmare Long
6) Cyanide
7) The Unforgiven III
8) The Judas Kiss
9) Suicide & Redemption
10) My Apocalypse

:lmao: Hahahahahahaha...this has to be a joke, right?

You tell me.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love And Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
8. Crumbs From Your Table
9. One Step Closer
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yahweh

Maybe it's a grower. Maybe the studio version will do more for me. Maybe my taste has changed. :slant:

Oh wait... I know my taste has changed since their last one in 2003. :wink: Except for some prog metal like Porcupine Tree, I don't listen to much metal music anymore.

19333.jpg

RAW METAL POWER :rockon:

You tell me.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
9. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

You should start a 'Most ridic song title' poll :up:

You tell me.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
9. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

Fail. No title could possibly be more lame than My Apocalypse. Even "This Title Is More Lame Than My Apocalypse" would receive bonus points for acknowledging how bad My Apocalypse is.

But, as a song, I like Cyanide a lot more than something like OOTS without even hearing a proper studio version, so who knows. Maybe I'll be on your side in 6 months, defending shitty titles. :wink:

I don't even know why I'm standing up for them, as I don't really care and St. Anger is the worst album I own. But yeah, lots of bands have terrible titles when you look at them from an outside stand point.

I'm actually surprised by how good Cyanide is. Maybe it helps that the drums don't sound like coffee cans anymore.

See y'all at the Forum on dec.17th !

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Wow, 2 Metallica shows in a year....

Well, you need to remember that anything Metallica has done through the last two decades wasn't metal, so if that's what you liked, yeah.

:wink:

Haha that's true... at least for Load and onward.

You tell me.

1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
6. All Because Of You
7. A Man And A Woman
9. One Step Closer
11. Yahweh

:lmao: :up::up:

Okay so I listened to Cyanide again. It sounded a tad better. But it's still not even up to the level of the Loads in my opinion. It's definitely better than St. Anger though... but it's very easy to be better than St. Anger. :p

Speaking of the Load albums, I listened to them again today after quite a while and realized I still love them! I really don't get the complaints. I mean, sure they're softer than the pre-Black days but how can you compare a 90s alt. rock sound to thrash? :huh: It's 2 different things! To me, Metallica switched genres after Black and both Load albums have some killer dark alternative rock!

The Rockers
King Nothing
Until It Sleeps
The House That Jack Built
The Memory Remains
Devil's Dance
Slither
Carpe Diem Baby

Acoustic
Mama Said
Low Man's Lyric

Epics
The Outlaw Torn
Where The Wild Things Are
Fixxxer

Melodic Slow Burners
Bleeding Me
Hero Of The Day
Unforgiven II

I do prefer Reload to Load overall. But anyway that's a lot of good stuff there in my opinion. Granted, this may be my 90s nostalgia talking but... what's wrong in branching out of thrash into other related genres? Personally I loved Metallica channeling Alice in Chains in Where The Wild Things Are! :drool:

Also, on the new album I'm hoping the lyrics are somewhat deeper than the song titles suggest. Cyanide? Suicide? Death? I mean, sure they've written on these subjects before but... they've also written on various topics like war (disposable heroes), insanity (sanitarium), drug addiction (master of puppets), justice, nuclear war etc. etc. I hope it's not all kill kill kill die die die on the new one. lol. Let's have some acoustic intros too, guys! :drool:

Okay I'll stop posting for now. :wink:

I am surprisingly optimistic about this album and I actually think there's a good chance that we might be in for a bit of a treat here.

With St. Anger being such an undeniable mess, I have a feeling there will be some good stuff coming from this.

Terrible album cover, though.

Oh shit, I actually enjoy both The Day That Never Comes and Cyanide. The lyrics are lame as always, but the riffs are awesome. This is very cool.

Yeah, the last half of the song is better than anything I've heard Metallica do since....I dont know when.

Listening to The Day That Never Comes right now... Wow! The intro is so money! Love it! Not sold completely on the chorus though. But I like the somewhat Iron Maidenesque instrumentation on parts of the song. Holy shit! The second half of the song is killer! :ohmy:

Boy, have they made up for the lack of solos on St. Anger! :lol:

What garbage. Couldn't even get past the 2-minute mark. I don't want to hear Hetfield actually trying to sing, which is why I checked out in the first place with the Black Album.

That's not the Metallica I want to hear.

Saves me the trouble of even downloading the album.

Back
Top Bottom