Metallica is back !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I nearly bought the "Buy the cd, get a free Guitar Hero download" version at Best Buy until I realized it was $30 (regularly $40). Why on earth is is so expensive? Admittedly seems like a bit of a rip off, kind of disappointing.

So I looked this up. Downloading the Guitar Hero pack for the album off of Xbox Live comes to about $18. The album is $10. Still cheaper than the "on sale" price for the combo, let alone the regular price. How dumb do they think people are?

So I looked this up. Downloading the Guitar Hero pack for the album off of Xbox Live comes to about $18. The album is $10. Still cheaper than the "on sale" price for the combo, let alone the regular price. How dumb do they think people are?

What IS the Guitar Hero download? One song?

Dude, just go to thepiratebay.org and search for Death Magnetic Guitar Hero and you'll find the torrent right there! :wink: It downloaded for me in no time! :drool:

The entire Death Magnetic album, available to play on a plastic guitar by clicking on buttons.

That's not all that horrible of a deal then. Albums on Rock Band are, what, $10? It's overpriced, but maybe $15 for the package would be fair.

Agreed, but the CD+Guitar Hero album is $30 on sale, regularly $40.

Rip Off Metallic

Tower doesn't have retail stores in the US any more (and never did where I live) and the price is already $13 on their website.

None of that changes the fact that $30/$40 is an absolutely terrible price for that sort of combo.

Tower doesn't have retail stores in the US any more (and never did where I live) and the price is already $13 on their website.

None of that changes the fact that $30/$40 is an absolutely terrible price for that sort of combo.

I know. It is only for the math-impaired. Most of these box-sets/combos are crappy deals. The Led Zeppelin one with the crappy t-shirt, the U2 remastered set, etc. The only decent one I've seen was the Joshua Tree one, I thought that was good value.

As for DM, 9.99 is still a pretty good buy for a new CD

METALLICA's LARS ULRICH Wants To Share Stage With U2

Interesting double bill it would be ......
METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich has told the UK's Daily Star newspaper that his one remaining ambition is for the band to perform on the same bill as U2.

Despite appearing alongside some of the biggest names in music —including DEEP PURPLE, THE ROLLING STONES, IRON MAIDEN and AC/DC — METALLICA has yet to share the stage with the Irish band.

"I'll play at one in the afternoon, in a parking lot in Ireland, I don't give a shit. As long as I can do that," he told the Daily Star.

Ulrich also spoke about the buzz aurrounding the band's new album 'Death Magnetic", which topped the U.S. chart afer selling a half million copies in the first three days alone.

"A lot of crazy and fun things are happening one after the other in our lives right now," he said. "Whenever METALLICA does anything, even when we get out of bed in the morning, something seems to happen in the wake of it. But it seems people are responding well to the new album. It's our most positively received album since probably 1991's Black album. It's a good time to be in METALLICA and it's still a buzz.

U better post more, you rat bastard.

How do you feel about the album? Tell me now.

I was really enjoying the review until this:

“One” is dispensed early. It's shortly followed by “Frantic” from the under-rated, brutally uncompromising “St. Anger”. I think of “St Anger” as their best, and most challenging album, and only cloth-eared numpties can fail to see it's merits.

St. Anger is their best album? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

I was really enjoying the review until this:

St. Anger is their best album? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I had to read it a few times to make sure he really said that. And he was doing so well.

Frantic is pretty good live though, Hetfield makes some tongu-in-cheek comments about St.Anger after playing frantic at the BBC Theater show a few days ago (radio broadcast quality download avail at the usual torrent sites)

I'm about to listen to Death Magnetic. I guess I should move the megaphone I put next to the speaker.

Hahaha...some of the file names for Death Magnetic are hilarious:

"if_you_reportthis_then_george_w_bush_winsa_3rd_term.rar"

True fact.

I'm not buying a new album from a band who released St. Anger a mere 5 years ago, but maybe this new one will fix our severed relationship.

Cyanide is the shit. One of the best songs of the year.

Otherwise, the songs seem to be the same riff over and over again for 7 minutes without much variation. If I don't care for the riff, it's instant fail. There have been some great moments, but this album is definitely not up to ...And Justice For All and its predecessors.

I think Cyanide is one of the worst songs on the album. It's not awful but the others are better IMO. The Day That Never Comes... esp. that second half, how could anyone not like that? Fucking epic! Unforgiven III is amazing too in it's entirety, almost as good as the first 2. And there are moments in thrash cuts like All Nightmare Long, That Was Just Your Life, My Apocalypse etc. that are up there with their best!

Back
Top Bottom