Mazzy Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
It's great to discover stuff that you didn't get around to hearing the first time - Mazzy Star are yet another reason that backs up my thesis that the 1990s were the best decade for music.

It's great to discover stuff that you didn't get around to hearing the first time - Mazzy Star are yet another reason that backs up my thesis that the 1990s were the best decade for music.

Bingo what you said here. I have to agree with the 90's music, and listening to Mazzy Star is like floating away without a care in the world. Kind of like the 90's was, at times, come to think of it. There certainly was a different soul in music back then. At least till the end of that decade when rap metal and boy bands killed off soul, taste, and (musically speaking) hope.

I won't confine my tastes to one decade though, because it sort of goes from 80's new wave to 90's alternative or whatever and thats what does it for me. I like some of the new "alternative" stuff you might hear on XM, but it hasn't taken me to the same places that the older stuff has. I don't have the appropriate flashbacks yet....wondering what that will be like if it happens?

Surely don't stay long
I'm missing you now.
It's like I told you
I'm over you somehow
Before I close the door
I need to hear you say goodbye
Baby won't you change your mind?

They're playing Coachella, I think. I don't really know, but it's a safe bet since everyone else is.

So Tonight That I Might See is a killer album.

Mazzy Star featured heavily in the soundtrack to an Ed Norton film of some years ago called Down in the Valley; that might have inspired my interest a tad.

I found there were two sides to their music. One side wasn't all that interesting; the other was something rather special.

And yeah, the nineties seem better in retrospect.

Back
Top Bottom