Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One performance that stands out, is the one that opened up an awards show (I can't remember which one) along with Gorrillaz. It was Hung Up I think.

Phanan: I think the demo version sounds more rock oriented, whereas the album version sounds like it was geared toward the dance crowd. Maybe I'm crazy.
Oh, you're definitely crazy, but not about this. The demo has a real electro-rock vibe going on. It sounds more European. I like.

Damn, she was just awesome on the HBO Haiti Relief show. Low-key but beautiful version of Like A Prayer. She looked amazing as well. I'm sure there'll be a video somewhere shortly.

Ahhh. So we can blame Madonna for this whole pantsless pop stars thing.

She's always been such a trendsetter. :wink:

I guess I'll be the voice of dissention - I didn't think she sounded great. Not her best performance.

Loved the arrangement, though.

I've never seen her in person, but judging from her last few tours (of which I've seen DVDs), it all sounds great live. She has great background singers, but she does pretty well on her own with the vocals.

The Sticky & Sweet broadcast was very heavy in the "post production" on the vocals, much of it seemed to be dubbed over. She sporadically sounded good on the tour, sometimes awful. The Confessions tour also had quite a bit atof overdubbing going on but to my mind not so noticeable, from the shows I went to on that tour (a wallet crunching 11 of them :drool:) she sounded mostly very good, I think Stuart Price had the magic touch to bring out the best in her.

The RIT DVD that has started doing the rounds are the actual real live vocals (ignoring Vogue, Nobody Knows Me & Die Another Day that were mimed on the tour).

I guess I'll be the voice of dissention - I didn't think she sounded great. Not her best performance.

Loved the arrangement, though.

She didn't sound great, no, but I still loved the performance. Madonna rarely sounds great to me but it's everything else she has going on that made it good. It was the overall vibe of it. It wasn't about her and her ego, for once. It had the right feel, she had the right outfit, she looked amazing, her heart was in it, and I will love that song forever.

Gotcha. Yeah, all that in mind, it was a highlight.

I was hyper-critical of the actual singing last night. Not sure if I was just being a giant bitch, or if there was some questionable singing going on last night. (Alicia Keys, Shakira, I'm lookin' at you.)

I was hyper-critical of the actual singing last night. Not sure if I was just being a giant bitch, or if there was some questionable singing going on last night. (Alicia Keys, Shakira, I'm lookin' at you.)

Agreed. Timberlake, Jennifer Holliday, and John Legend, all sounded really good. I guess these last-minute things with weird collaborations don't allow for much rehearsal time.

:lol: Perfect Freudian slip. Somewhere, Jennifer Hudson is fuming. "Girl, I won the Oscar for singing that song! I'm not Jennifer Holliday!"

:reject: I do that all the time with her.

betashow_perf01-1.jpg

Okay, this pro-shot Lisbon show from the ReInvention tour looks AMAZING. I can't wait to watch it!

(But as I have discs from Netflix, and about 5 shows on DVR to watch, it'll have to get in line. :reject: )

Okay, this pro-shot Lisbon show from the ReInvention tour looks AMAZING. I can't wait to watch it!

(But as I have discs from Netflix, and about 5 shows on DVR to watch, it'll have to get in line. :reject: )

Watched it a couple of nights ago, just excellent. It should queue-jump the stuff ahead of it in line :lol:

Sticky & Sweet Tour DVD Release Update
While Madonna’s ‘Sticky & Sweet’ Tour will hit worldwide stores on DVD, CD and Blu Ray March 30th, please note that it will be released just one week later in the US, on April 6th.

To coincide with this new release date, the VH1 broadcast of the show has been pushed to April 2nd. A chance for US fans to watch the show on TV four days before its domestic release.

Make sure to pre-order your copy of it from Amazon!

I finally watched the concert DVD.

Goddamn, I love Madonna. A lot of those Hard Candy songs sounded great live, when I really didn't care for them on the record.

Oh I still have to get that one Cori!

BUT while its late for me to buy it (hard to get), I got Drowned World DVD and Im very fuking disappointed, because its the same concert that was televised and I swear to gawd the tv version was like 80% better!!!!!!!!!! for a start it captured more of Tamara Levinson's dancing in Candy Girl, and during What It Feels like it actually shows the three dancers, the fuking DVD doesnt!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh pathetic!

:down:

hands up. me thinks Lourdes will be on Madonna's next tour :D:D

Holy cow, when did Madonna's daughter become a woman?? :ohmy:

Madonna's Daughter -- European Vacation | TMZ.com

0825-madonna-daughter-pcn-credit.jpg

Damn, that's nice. :wink:

Just like to add my appreciation for The Queen of Pop. Even as a straight male, Madonna is one of my favorite artists of all time. I grew up listening to her around the same time I started listening to U2 (music your parents listen seems to inherit you!), and since then, I've been a fan. No, I haven't seen her live yet (last time she came here was 1993 - I wasn't alive yet) but my parents have her CDs and I have the DVDs.

Looking forward to seeing her live one day, her shows look spectacular, even on DVD. :drool:

New album info.

Once again Madonnarama can reveal some new exclusive information on Madonna’s upcoming album. We would also like to clarify the previous details we posted, because it seems that some of it has been misinterpreted.

Madonna and her production teams have been working on the next album – her first with Live Nation as a record company – for a few months now.
Their goal: Create some killer innovative electro-pop!

WHAT WE CAN EXPECT…

The Sound: A modern and mostly upbeat sound. The blend of electronica informed by ethnic influences such as oriental music will be compelling as well as memorable. Each song is expected to be catchy, powerful with a fantastic selection of trippy and hazy electronica tingles. After all, William Orbit, responsible for Madonna’s impeccable Ray Of Light as well as some of Music, is all about the subtle little details that make his work quite unique.

The Lyrics: Madonna has been working on those for quite awhile. We can expect some personal lyrical content, as well as the “fun and dancing” recurrent theme. William Orbit also co-wrote a few tracks and we all know how consistent and funny our favorite Englishman can be.

HOW IT WORKS…

Basically, Madonna’s working on this album the same way she did with Ray of Light and Music…

1. She gets a basic instrumental demo from a composer or producer… Sometimes, the producer uses a demo vocalist to give more coherence to the instrumental, turning it into what could be a song.

2. Madonna starts to imagine melodies that could go with the instrumental demo (humming on the music) and starts writing ideas for the lyrics.

3. She then discusses the instrumental with the producer/composer and the structural changes she’d like to add or remove.

4. Once both Madonna and the producer are on the same page, she starts writing the lyrics, sometimes with the help from others for inspiration. For this particular album, William Orbit is also co-writing the lyrics with Madonna, as he did on ROL and Music.

5. Once the lyrics are finished, they meet up in a professional studio, so they can forge ahead with recording the instrumental version in a professional setting. Finally, the vocals are recorded.

6. Madonna might later decide to make some small changes after getting feedback from her record company, friends, manager or other musicians.

Right now, she’s between the 4th and 5th stage of this process.

THE DEMO VOCALIST…

Charlene Ava was involved in the very first stages of the creation of the album. Most of her work took place in July and early August during the early pre-production stage. Using a demo vocalist, like all big producers and artists do, has absolutely no influence on Madonna’s involvment. It’s just the opposite: all the different versions of the same song mean that Madonna is willling to try a lot of different directions.

JEAN BAPTISTE…

In our last post, we also mentioned Jean Baptiste Kouamé.
As we clearly stated, Jean Baptiste is not working as an independant producer for the album. He was recuited by William Orbit and works closely with his production team to develop Madonna’s new music.

Madonna’s New Album – Even More Info on the Recording Sessions ? Madonnarama

Really happy she's working with Orbit again.

Back
Top Bottom