M83

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gvox said:
Guys, will I burn forever in a fiery torment if I've allowed my daughter to like the song on the basis that it's a happy tale of a childhood trip into a fantastical jungle land?

:uhoh:

:wink:

(seriously tho, she loves it)

One of those situations where she'll just be horrified to realize what it's about as an adult lol.

So... I didn't think it would happen, but I think Dan Bejar and co. have some serious company for AOTY. Disc 2 is not as good as the first, but still great. Awesome, awesome album. Claudia Lewis sounds the like type of song MJ of the 80s would make in a 2011 world. But there's brilliance all up in this bitch.

Totally. I don't expect children to judge music based upon my cynical standards and assumptions. I'm going to be a hipster parent playing my baby Rockabye Radiohead and ambient shit like that because they have just as great a capacity to love great melodies and hooks as the rest of us, albeit with limited understanding of the lyrics.

Calming the Baby Beast. - YouTube

:heart:

Holy shit. This is the best thing I've ever seen. Imagine if the world was full of kids like this! Vote him for president now!

Incidentally this literally exactly how I dance.

Although if you check out the comment right under the video, it appears a bunch of people have lambasted the filmer for not having a safe enough child seat. For fuck's sake.

that video doesn't even kind of look real.

or maybe i just hate that song.

The music sounds exactly like the studio version. I hope they don't turn out to be like Passion Pit live, where they're restricted by the music and don't have any room to move. Cos they were pretty shit live.

Alright, I'm liking this album a lot more after repeated listens. Midnight City is one of the tracks of the year, and perhaps his finest moment yet - although I hesitate to say that on account of You Appearing, which is just sublime. I acknowledge that this is a strange complaint, but the song titles by and large seem not to represent the music at all. It's bothering me a bit, even though it should not matter.

midnight city is fantastic enough that i bought the album. i mentioned that a page or so back, but i still have not listened to in its entirety. that song is amazing though, and so far what i have heard was pretty enjoyable as well (6-7 tracks in).

I realize I'm an M83 fanboy, but there are probably 5 or 6 other M83 songs I like pretty close to as much as Midnight City. Regardless, I agree that it's fantastic and easily one of my fav songs this year.

Speaking of which, anyone buy the Midnight City remix single? I saw it at the shop today for $2 (I get $1 discounts on all non-sale items, so it would be half that if I buy it). I'm usually not big into remixes though, so I held off for now, but the collector inside of me will probably crack eventually and grab it.

Why not? It's a dollar, silly.

And I agree about the quality of tracks not named Midnight City.
But I'm a fan girl, so there's that.

I'd probably take "Dark Moves of Love," "Lower Your Eyelids," and "We Own the Sky" over "Midnight City," for what it's worth. But it's still definitely a top M83 jam.

I'm not sure I would ever voluntarily listen to all 45 minutes of Lower Your Eyelids if I weren't fixated on listening to every album in full. Ditto the other closer of theirs that's the same thing over and over for infinity.

Kim & Jessie and Don't Save Us From The Flames match the best of Hurry Up.

I feel like too many people forget about Before the Dawn Heals Us. Such a hot album. It's got cheesy stuff like Car Chase Terror and Moonchild, but that's part of the fun. It's one of their most childlike and exciting records.

I've always been very fond of Skin of the Night. I miss the female vocals on Hurry Up. They suit his music exceedingly well, I think.

My last post was just Re: Hurry Up.

My favorite M83 song will likely always be "Skin of the Night".

PFan Review:

This album is hot as shit. Loving it. Probably has the best opening trio of songs of any album this year, or maybe even in the last couple of years.

I hate "Steve McQueen" because I'm always disappointed it doesn't go on forever.

Back
Top Bottom