Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gareth was clearly very excited to be on the show. He really went for it. You could tell dude was trying really hard to give a good performance. Good for him. Good for them. They certainly weren't boring.

FWIW, I enjoyed seeing Gareth looking like he was having such a good time, and I enjoyed the performance for what it was. Hated it without the intro though

1/27/12 - Chicago:

By Your Hand
Romance Is Boring
Death To Los Campesinos!
Life Is A Long Time
A Heat Rash in the Shape of the Show Me State; or, Letters from Me to Charlotte
Songs About Your Girlfriend
We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed
There Are Listed Buildings
Straight In at 101
To Tundra
The Black Bird, The Dark Slope
You! Me! Dancing!
The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future
Hello Sadness
Baby I Got The Death Rattle

Encore:
Miserabilia
Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks

I thought that the set time was just about perfect, to be honest. The energy never really lagged, except perhaps with a few of those Sadness songs. Romance Is Boring was electric.

I felt like there was an OBVIOUS spot where suddenly everything got real mellow and the crowd went out of it quite definitely. Of course, they followed that up with "You! Me! Dancing!" so that kind of got everyone back in.

As I mentioned yesterday, Gareth's comment about Los Camp shows being a place of despair both amused and irritated me. I hope he was kidding, because the crowd was having a blast at the time.

Perhaps not coincidentally, most of the set was from Hello Sadness after that, and (certainly not coincidentally) the energy waned a bit.

I wish they wouldn't take themselves so damn seriously.

So awesome you guys got WABWAD. That song is amazing.

"He said he's got his teeth fixed/I'm gonna break them/I've got a fist of fire"

"We tell ourselves there's future in the fucking/but there is no fucking future"

:drool:

Yes, the one on the right.

Also, I think this will give you some idea:

tumblr_lh3tb1lNlM1qgtmcbo1_400.jpg

Note the shadow/overhang.

Wow...this is a consequence I did not see coming. I can finally sleep at night knowing Gareth's last name.

:lol:, a comment I just read of Mofo's in the Shearwater thread reminded me of something I don't think iYup or LeMel mentioned (maybe they did and I missed it), but someone in the crowd handed Gareth a vinyl copy of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Gareth's like, "That's incredibly rude but also awesome at the same time."

Also, there was a douche running around in a Scooby-Doo costume that jumped up on stage and was dancing around that security chased off. Gareth sarcasm-stomped him to the ground, but Scooby didn't seem to mind.

Back
Top Bottom