Los Campesinos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this is another one of those albums that leaked and all the discussion is over?

I was thinking about downloading it from Amazon. What's the verdict now that all of you criminals fine people have given it a few spins?

I suppose I could just give it a whirl on Spotify.

The LP got delayed and won't be here for another two weeks, so I'm out. But yeah, leaks kill discussion.

this album was my first taste of this band. i like it but i seem to be drawn to their first two albums a little more.

Romance Is Boring seems to be a little less beloved of the three. That's a shame, because it has many of their best songs, even if it is a little long.

u2popmofo said:
You prefer We Are Beautiful to Romance is boring? Weird.

I had no idea this was out today..

I meant Romance Is Boring and Hold On. Forgot about We are Beautiful.

I'm sampling it on Spotify right now.

Just did the same thing. Album starts off very strongly, I was definitely into the first four tracks...and then my attention waned a bit, as the songs sort of slowed in pace. I didn't give that middle section of the album as much focus as I should have, though, and will give it another run through soon.

Loved "By Your Hand" the first time I heard it, and still think it's a great song. One of my favorite songs by this band.

Exactly.

I know he's been generally absent, but I'm curious to hear Shouter's take on the new album. He is, after all, the one who is responsible for us even knowing about the band, something I will be eternally grateful for.

I'm sure they'll change it, but right now I think they have the wrong album cover up on the Pitchfork review.

Isn't that the "By Your Hand" single cover? The album cover is the one that's sort of blue with the two faceless figures wearing coats in the snow.

Not a big deal but, yeah.

Amusingly, that's still the lowest rating they've ever given a Los Camp album. They love these motherfuckers.

No, the Romance is Boring was very positive.

And LM's right, but the scores have been pretty uniform. 8.3 for both Romance and WABWAD, and an 8.4 for Hold On Now.

All of the reviews have sounded better than the actual scores. I don't know what the fucking problem is why they don't rate higher. Shouter used to complain about the same thing.

Gareth - "I talk about not getting laid ALL THE TIME. @ellenstarbuck does it ONCE and she gets written about on @pitchforkmedia. Fucking gutted."

Bought the album while I was out this afternoon, just ripped it to the computer.

Hello Dampness...in my pants.

Great find GAF. Next time they come to LA I'll be wearing a t-shirt from the opening act and casually strike up a convo.

Is "Starbuck" a band nickname for Ellen because she resembles the BSG character? ?

Hopefully I won't have to compete with Muldfield at the next show.

Digging the new album a good deal so far. Not quite on the level of Romance for me, but predictably inspired stuff.

I listneed to the first 3 songs yeserday and got bored and went and did something else. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom