Lollapalooza 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuckyNumber7

Blue Crack Addict
Mumford & Sons, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, and The Killers were announced yesterday as headliners as per the Chicago Tribune.

Consequence of Sound has but not limited to:

Alabama Shakes
Big Boi
Ellie Goulding
Hot Chip
Imagine Dragons
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
New Order
Nine Inch Nails
Pretty Lights
Queens of the Stone Age
Smashing Pumpkins
Tegan & Sara
The Cure
The Lumineers
Wu-Tang Clan

Lollapalooza 2013 | Festival Outlook

Tickets on sale March 26th at 10:00am central time.

If those all hold true, that's one studly list. Almost as awesome as Coachella. Blows Bonnaroo out of the water.

Anything that has New Order and The Killers (and The National, but they both do) blows what Bonnaroo out of the water in my eyes!

Besides the point though. Pretty kickass speculation so far. Can't wait to see the official lineup.

I briefly forgot I would have to be in the same park as Imagine Dragons.

I'm probably not going, unless the Cure are confirmed. Then I'll pick up a one-day.

The Killers? Is this band really worthy of headlining Lollapalooza? Or maybe I'm just the only one who finds them about the most painfully average band of the last decade.

Oh my God! The Killers?!?!?!? Holy Fucking SHIT!!?!!!!

I've never seen them at Lolla! What a magnificent opportunity this is!

In fact! HELL, I've never seen The National at Lollapalooza or Mumford and Sons at Lollapalooza or Phoenix at Lollapalooza!!!!! What an amazing, original lineup. We are all blessed by the opportunity that one of the world's largest festivals has offered to us as it's TOP FUCKING BILLING.

:rant:

Oh and Vampire Weekend, I've actually never seen them at Lolla, but I JUST saw them at Pitchfork last year.

What a fucking joke. Kot leaked this shit about 5 days ago and I've just been trying to get over it ever since. If the Cure don't end up being a big surprise name, I'm going to save my money and just go one day. There's no way The Cure are coming to North America and only playing one gig.

This had better have one hell of an undercard. Where is the EDM? What happened to that rule? I mean...This is literally one of the most pathetic things I have ever witnessed in my life of attending festivals. I know that 2011 was bad, but at least the headliners were worthwhile.

And if you didn't catch the sarcasm: I have seen every one of the leaked confirmed bands excluding The Postal Service. And four of the five I have seen at Lolla in the past. Two of them already as headliners (The Killers and Phoenix). This is an absolute disaster. The only solace I take in all of this is that Lolla considers itself a festival with 9 headliners now because of the Perry's expansion. That means, hopefully, there are still 5 unknown headliners.

I'm also angry because I missed the Souvinier ticket sale by just a minute or two today. Based on these leaks, I'm not really willing to spend more than $75 a ticket.

The only bands I've seen on that list are Imagine Dragons and The Killers. To which, The Killers are one of my favorite bands and easily the best festival stage show I've seen. So... I'm excited!

The Killers are my 4th favorite band ever and I'm pissed if that tells you anything. The Killers JUST FUCKING HEADLINED. And they were just in Chicago in December. This isn't exactly an exciting draw.

And when I say the Killers just headlined, I will amend that to the more honest, they headlined just 4 years ago, in 2009, which wasn't that long ago. And Phoenix just headlined in 2010.

I wouldn't be upset about the lack of EDM in the headlining slot. Perry's is getting more bloated every year and I'm sure it will attract some good acts in line with what you're looking for. Probably best to separate the two. It's annoying having to deal with rave bros camping all day long.

I wouldn't be upset about the lack of EDM in the headlining slot. Perry's is getting more bloated every year and I'm sure it will attract some good acts in line with what you're looking for. Probably best to separate the two. It's annoying having to deal with rave bros camping all day long.

When I already know that I'm not getting any of the following artists, I'm already a little bummed:

bassnectar, calvin harris, Felix da Housecat, Flosstradamus, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Zedd, Zeds Dead, Armin van Buuren, Avicii, David Guetta, Empire of the Sun, Kaskade, Tiesto

(Yeah, some of those were at Lolla last year, I was just listing the artists at other festivals in the area that I have even a remote interest in seeing)

I'll admit, though, that my greatest disappointment is in regards to Empire of the Sun.

When I already know that I'm not getting any of the following artists, I'm already a little bummed:

bassnectar, calvin harris, Felix da Housecat, Flosstradamus, Paul Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, Zedd, Zeds Dead, Armin van Buuren, Avicii, David Guetta, Empire of the Sun, Kaskade, Tiesto

(Yeah, some of those were at Lolla last year, I was just listing the artists at other festivals in the area that I have even a remote interest in seeing)

I'll admit, though, that my greatest disappointment is in regards to Empire of the Sun.

I feel like Empire of the Sun is a total exception to that list.

Well I mean mostly everyone you mentioned there is some form of trance, house, or dubstep style DJ. I feel like them and Calvin Harris don't really fit on that list.

I was actually surprised to see that Empire of the Sun performed on Perry's. Not crazy surprised though, considering the nature of most of their fans. I just always imagined them as a bit more of a synth based rock band, not a DJ set.

Plus, they're an exception because they're the only thing I'd consider seeing :p

Well yeah I know that much. I was at Lolla last year! That's how I figured Empire of the Sun played it, because everyone else on that list was obviously a Perry's band.

I'm so torn right now. Part of me wants to hold out hope and buy the tickets tomorrow and then if it's as bad as I'm expecting, sell them.

But, then I remember that I could see at least four other big shows this summer for the price of Lolla.

I can't choose :(.

It's a good investment. You're guaranteed $300 by June, just depends when tickets go on sale for the other shows that you want.

I'm actually buying two right now (and if a third friend joins us I'll resell it to them at face, otherwise take a profit).

EDIT: Bah, I got what you meant now.

Anyways, it's $400 now because there are two of us. I'll get the $400 back eventually if I end up selling the tickets, but I just don't like the idea of paying $70 extra if I end up liking the line up.

Good luck to everyone buying early bird passes tomorrow! I tried for that secret sale which was a complete waste of time. Hopefully these won't sell out in 2.4 seconds the way the souvenir passes did

Back
Top Bottom