Lollapalooza 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the last tour, the Seventeen Seconds and Three Imaginary Boys sections came at the end.

Wow, Reeves Gabrels is really tearing it up during "Wrong Number".

He fits perfectly.

According to Wikipedia, he actually plays on the studio recording of the song.

Well there you go. pretty good hookup.

man ,i hope i don't have to pick between Phoenix and the CUre at ACL. That song "Entertainment" and the intro were pretty awesome. THey're rockin the fuck out. and i love this tune "lasso". so there's that, too.

Why that could possibly ever be a decision anyone would have difficulty making I will never understand.

Why that could possibly ever be a decision anyone would have difficulty making I will never understand.

cos they look like they're playing pretty well and having some fun and the songs sound pretty great. just like the cure did.

Ugh, I just don't know. The Cure have been in the US how many times in the last 5 years? I don't think Phoenix is exactly a difficult ticket, that's all.

Guys, I think I might be the happiest person on earth right now. I can't imagine how I'd be feeling, had they played a full show

Well I'd give the setlist to that show a C or D. Three tracks from before 1985? Fuck right outta here. Yeah, you're at a festival, but there are some fans there too. They played more from Wild Mood Swings than Seventeen Seconds and Faith combined.

Performance was A+++, they sounded amazing. Robert looks horrible but his voice is vintage. Good mixing (no acoustic guitar in the mix at all though), great crowd response, obviously a top shelf gig in many respects.

I loved every minute of it. RS looks like he's looked for years, and really happy.

Phoenix are sounding good, too, but yeah, no contest.

Funny, I didn't get half as upset about jt telling me that any opinions I may have are invalidated by the fact that I listen to the barenaked ladies. I took it as the joke it was meant to be. So who really needs to get over themselves?
Well you know, if you directed your comment to me instead of to everyone else about me, maybe I would respond differently. Cause, you know, it doesn't come off as a joke at all. It comes off as you having an elitist attitude and you belittling me for my taste in music. It's just not cool man.

I loved every minute of it. RS looks liked he's looked for years, and really happy.

I thought he looked better than he did a few years back. I enjoyed the stream as well, they sound waaaaaaaaay better than they did the last time I saw them. That "we're a three piece now" thing did not work.

Yeah, I think he's lost some weight. Sounded amazing to me. And I love watching them, too.

Well I'd give the setlist to that show a C or D. Three tracks from before 1985? Fuck right outta here. Yeah, you're at a festival, but there are some fans there too. They played more from 4:13 Dream than Seventeen Seconds and Faith combined.

Performance was A+++, they sounded amazing. Robert looks horrible but his voice is vintage. Good mixing (no acoustic guitar in the mix at all though), great crowd response, obviously a top shelf gig in many respects.

Agreed. I had a pipedream of hearing A Forest, In Your House, 10:15 Saturday Night, The Figurehead, etc. Obviously it wasn't going to happen, but I would have liked to have heard at least one of them.

Beach House was fucking stellar, as always. Victoria seemed high as hell or something, but she sounded even more powerful and nuanced than she did when last I saw them.

There was a great moment a few minutes before Beach House came on stage. Grizzly Bear were finishing up, and I caught a glimpse of Alex (BH's guitarist) offstage dancing to the song.

One Hundred Years > Disintegration was the money shot. There was no topping that, but they could have come pretty close.

One Hundred Years > Disintegration was the money shot. There was no topping that, but they could have come pretty close.

Yeah, that was great. The stretch around Just Like Heaven was fantastic as well. I think Lovesong and In Between Days were there.

Back
Top Bottom