Lollapalooza 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure that if single day tickets are going up the day of the lineup announcement, you'll be able to see the day by day lineup then. That's how they did it for ACL Fest and it's the same promoter/ticketing.

I'm pretty sure that if single day tickets are going up the day of the lineup announcement, you'll be able to see the day by day lineup then. That's how they did it for ACL Fest and it's the same promoter/ticketing.

They have never put up the day-by-day lineup before June before, but I see what you're basing this off of. We'll see, I suppose, but I'm not going to be optimistic.

If this lineup is in fact the one, I'm happy. Since im not an absolute -omg-I'm gonna die- fan of the headliners, I feel I'll have some liberty to enjoy numerous acts I'm not familiar because I won't waste time trying to get a close spot on the main stage. I'm getting extremely excited!

They have never put up the day-by-day lineup before June before, but I see what you're basing this off of. We'll see, I suppose, but I'm not going to be optimistic.

ACL generally hasn't either, I just distinctly remember a year where they did immediately put up single day tickets on the day of the announcement, but you could see the lineup by day. Think it was 2010.

ACL generally hasn't either, I just distinctly remember a year where they did immediately put up single day tickets on the day of the announcement, but you could see the lineup by day. Think it was 2010.

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they did it by any means.

The Cure
The National
Beach House
Grizzly Bear
Wild Nothing
Jess Ware

Damn.

6 bands on your "Damn" list? This is the problem, for me. Here's my other problem:

The Cure
The Killers
Phoenix
Vampire Weekend

New Order
The Lumineers
The National
Steve Aoki
Ellie Goulding
Band of Horses (can't believe they're back)
Two Door Cinema Club
Imagine Dragons
Beach House
Frightened Rabbit
Alt-J

Foals
Diiv
Emeli Sande
Wild Nothing
Jessie Ware

That's a list of the bands I want to see. The strikethroughs are all bands I have either seen before or had tickets to see but didn't make the show (Imagine Dragons and Alt-J)

BUT ALL OF THAT BEING SAID:

I wouldn't trade the opportunity to see The Cure for almost anything in the world.

Guys, I would like to apologize and correct myself.

They always release the day by day early on. It's the Schedule they don't release until June. That was my mistake. I apologize for my incorrect information. I really wasn't thinking.

Supposedly the day-by-day will be coming out in just a couple weeks. Depending on that, I guess it will determine if this turns out to be a situation where I have to go all three days. The more I look at the bands I want to see, they're so high up there for me right now, it'll be hard to pass them up. Ellie Goulding, New Order, Emile Sande and Jesse Ware especially.

Guys, I would like to apologize and correct myself.

They always release the day by day early on. It's the Schedule they don't release until June.

That's good news. I'll probably be there two days based on that lineup. Three of those (Cure, Nash, and Beach House) are must-sees for me, but I would think without being a statistician that it's unlikely they would fall on three separate days.

This is the first time I've had a Lolla lineup leave me feeling like this. Basically, I only want to see about 20 of the 120 bands here, HOWEVER it breaks down like this:

I would spend...

$100-150 per ticket to see The Cure
$50 per ticket to see Ellie Goulding and New Order
$20 per ticket to see Emile Sande

and that's just the most important of the bands I haven't seen. That's the cost of a three day pass right there. So if this schedule doesn't work out in my favor, I'll be looking for a face-value (hopefully) three-day pass, it would seem.

Then you add into that the fact that I would pay:
$50 per ticket to see The National and The Killers AND the fact that I have been dreaming all year of hearing Foals at a festival this summer and you can kind of see where I'm likely going to end up at all three days of Lolla after all.

If you're looking for a good low card band, Family of the Year is phenomenal. I'm super excited to get to see them especially because I just missed them in Tampa.

Dammit.

Looks like I'll be picking up a 3-Day pass :(

Lollapalooza confirms 2013 lineup, day-by-day breakdown | Consequence of Sound

For the lazy:
Friday, August 2nd:
The Killers
Nine Inch Nails
New Order
Queens Of The Stone Age
Steve Aoki
Thievery Corporation
Lana Del Rey
Flux Pavilion
Band Of Horses
Hot Chip
Crystal Castles
Imagine Dragons
Frightened Rabbit
Dillon Francis
Smith Westerns
Disclosure
Father John Misty
Ghost B.C.
Modestep
Emeli Sande
Jessie Ware
Atlas Genius
Timeflies
Theophilus London
Monsta
IO Echo
Icona Pop
Chance The Rapper
Lance Herbstrong
Robert DeLong
Deap Vally
Twenty One Pilots
San Cisco
Hey Marseilles
Keys N Krates
The Neighbourhood
Pacific Air
American Authors
Houndmouth
Brick + Mortar
D-Pryde
Brite Lite Brite
Saturday, August 3rd:
Mumford & Sons
The Postal Service
The National
The Lumineers
Kendrick Lamar
Eric Church
Steve Angello
Ellie Goulding
Azealia Banks
Local Natives
Dada Life
Matt & Kim
Foals
Death Grips
Court Yard Hounds
Adventure Club
Ben Howard
GriZ
Charles Bradley
Heartless Bastards
Baauer
HAIM
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
St. Lucia
Shovels & Rope
Little Green Cars
Family of the Year
The Bright Light Social Hour
Reignwolf
Pujol
Planet Hemp
Cole Plante
Lukas Nelson & P.O.T.R.
Blondfire
Frontier Ruckus
Wheeler Brothers
The Dunwells
Supreme Cuts
Cherub
Wild Cub
Brooke Waggoner
Beast Patrol
Sunday, August 4th:
The Cure
Phoenix
Vampire Weekend
Knife Party
Grizzly Bear
Major Lazer
Dog Blood
Two Door Cinema Club
Tegan and Sara
Beach House
Cat Power
2 Chainz
Alt-J
The Vaccines
DIIV
Alex Clare
Baroness
Lianne La Havas
Wild Nothing
Angel Haze
Wavves
Alvin Risk
Jake Bugg
Wild Belle
Art Department
MS MR
Family of the Year
Kill the Noise
SKAYTERS
The Orwells
Palma Violets
Astro
Machines Are People Too
YAWN
Half Moon Run
The Mowgli’s
Wake Owl
Bear Mountain
O’ Brother
Makeshift Prodigy

Can't believe I'm going to have to pick between The Killers and New Order...who would create that conflict? What are they thinking....ah well.

Looks like I'm in on Sunday for sure. But please, Nash, schedule another Chicago show. I beg of you.

There were only 6 bands that I had as MUST SEES. How did they end up split across all three days so evenly :(

There were only 6 bands that I had as MUST SEES. How did they end up split across all three days so evenly :(

7 Friday
5 Saturday
9 Sunday

Sunday is the clear-cut winner for me.

Saturday is so bad. No conflicts likely, I guess. What does the Postal Service do with their remaining 40 minutes after they've finished their 45 minute album? The National not receiving a headlining slot is a joke. They've earned it at this point.

Back
Top Bottom