Lollapalooza 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Holy crap, the early bird tickets sold out in 15 minutes. Got 'em though! I am SUPER uncomfortable buying tickets to a festival that we have hardly ANY lineup for, can't believe how underwraps it is this year, BUT it was a gift, so I won't say no to that.

All we have right now is a very unofficial suspicious scheduling/semi-confirmed list, but I like what I see:

Semi-Confirmed

Neon Indian
OFWGKTA
Passion Pit
The Shins
Sharon Van Etten

Suspicious Tour Schedule

Big Gigantic
Bloc Party
Childish Gambino
Florence and the Machine
Garbage
Justice
Kaskade
M83
tUnE-yArDs
The Walkmen

Personal Conversations

Black Keys
Blind Pilot
St. Vincent
Steel Pulse

Other

Alabama Shakes
At The Drive-In
Beck
Sigur Ros
Jack White

Just to make Cobbler even more jealous: The Throne is also being rumored. Jay-Z, Kanye or Beyonce is likely to perform, but most likely of all is The Throne.

Still holding out hope for PJ Harvey. Has she been ruled out?

Oh guess who was just confirmed!

Die Antwood
Justice
Jack White and.....

....some band called The Weeknd

:wink:

M83 and Bloc Party confirmed :drool:

Alright.

This lineup has already exceeded last year's, and it hasn't even been officially announced.

Fucking Bloc Party! Easily one of my favorite bands that I've yet to see live.

Gimme dat shit!

Because they're on the same weekend, the Osheaga festival in Montreal and Lollapalooza will have many crossover acts. So many of the bands listed in Ashley's first post are highly likely as they're confirmed for Montreal.

Of course, I would have liked to have Jack White (and St. Vincent), so if he confirmed for Lolla, maybe that means he'll be added to Montreal, too. #onecanhope

If you want a suspicious schedule...

I know they played Lolla last year but Coldplay has the 5th/6th off and is playing back to back Chicago shows on the 7th and 8th...

Haha.

Well I just realized that Lolla is 3rd, 4th, 5th. Thought that weekend was 4th, 5th, 6th. So I think we can probably imagine it wont happen anyways.

The Airborne Toxic Event just got confirmed for Montreal. I wouldn't be shocked if they found their way to Lollapalooza.

Confirmed:

The Big Pink
The Growlers

You can throw Odd Future in as confirmed also, I don't know why they weren't listed as such on the above list; Tyler already said they're performing.

Black Keys and Tame Impala are touring together and they happen to be playing a gig in Iowa a few days prior, as well as Osheaga, with nothing infringing on the radius clause in the mean time. Seems pretty likely there. :up:

Yeah, that's what I've been drawing my info from.

Let it be known, there likely are only 1 or possibly 2 headliners that have been announced through CTA ads (somewhere in the batch of Justice, Sigur Ros [new addition] and Jack White we'll fill a headlining slot).

Re: Nicki Minaj, my feeling is that the lyric in question is 1000000000% the Big Pink. If not, you might as well pencil in The Throne now. Can't imagine Nicki being there without Kanye, in light of the STRONG saturation of Throne rumors flying around.

If, for some crazy-ass reason The Throne, Black Sabbath (pretty much the last chance I'll ever have to see that lineup), The Black Keys, Tame Impala and The Shins all end up on the lineup, this will be one of the only years Lolla has been able to come close to Coachella. It's already embarrassing Bonnaroo, without headliners.

I can't get enough of this lineup, seriously. Goodness sake, and there's still more to come. Flo + The Machine apparently confirmed today as well.

If anyone hears The Airborne Toxic Event announced and I haven't yet posted in this thread, post it in incredibly large caps for me. Because then I'm going for sure.

If anyone hears The Airborne Toxic Event announced and I haven't yet posted in this thread, post it in incredibly large caps for me. Because then I'm going for sure.

The Lollaboard's rumbling suddenly that they'll be there.

:D

Probably due to their Osheaga time and the fact that they're not on tour.

The anticipation is killing me (for all of Lolla)!

Some reporter in Sao Paulo was handed an alleged copy of the Lollapalooza lineup over the weekend. There are a few reasons to doubt the veracity of this, but if it's accurate, hot damn:

sE8k7.jpg

No Kanye West or Jay-Z. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
And, sorz 7, no Airborne Toxic Event.

Regardless, this destroys.

No Airborne :(

I will then doubt said list! Only for that reason!

I mean hey, RHCP is going to be in Finland on August 1st! Finland!

RHCP
Passion Pit
Sigur Ros
M83
Bloc Party
Franz Ferdinand
The Temper Trap!!!!!
The Big Pink
Of Monsters and Men
Bombay Bicycle Club!!!!!
The Gaslight Anthem!!!!!
Mona!!

That still might be enough to get me to go out there considering I was kinda planning it anyways!

I don't even want to think about a RHCP gig sans Frusciante.

Just saw em in Tampa. Guitar aside (which Klinghoffer did as much as he could in substitution), listening to songs like Under the Bridge with a punk rocky voice for the high vocals at the end was just... weird.

Back
Top Bottom