Leroi Moore Of Dave Matthews Band has died?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
From the rumor mill:

"Sad news. We just learned that the Dave Matthews Band saxophonist LeRoi Moore, who was in an all terrain vehicle accident last month, has died at Cedars Sinai hospital. LeRoi, who has been with the band since it started, was seriously injured in an accident at his ranch in Virginia. He was slowly recovering but suffered lung complications and hasn't been able to perform. We were told that against doctors advice, he flew to LA to be with the band backstage when they open tonight at the Staples center. The flight may have affected him adversely and he died today."

Posted by Janet Charlton on August 19, 2008 4:32 PM

This better be a joke. My 2nd favorite band next to U2:sad:

well, i haven't seen anything official yet.. I hope it's not true..

found it... :sad: RIP Leroi!

Dave Matthews Band Member Dead
Posted Aug 19th 2008 9:14PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned LeRoi Moore, the sax player in the Dave Matthews Band, has died. He was 46.

Moore was seriously injured in an ATV accident June 30 outside Charlottesville. He had a punctured lung and broken ribs. Moore went back into the hospital last month due to complications.

Moore died in Los Angeles this afternoon, after taking a turn for the worse.

We're also told the band will perform tonight as scheduled at the Staples Center in L.A.

UPDATE: A rep for the Band just gave TMZ the following statement:
"LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. Moore had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program."

IT'S on CNN now.. so so sad!

Dave Matthews Band Member Dead
Posted Aug 19th 2008 9:14PM by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned LeRoi Moore, the sax player in the Dave Matthews Band, has died. He was 46.

Moore was seriously injured in an ATV accident June 30 outside Charlottesville. He had a punctured lung and broken ribs. Moore went back into the hospital last month due to complications.

Moore died in Los Angeles this afternoon, after taking a turn for the worse.

We're also told the band will perform tonight as scheduled at the Staples Center in L.A.

UPDATE: A rep for the Band just gave TMZ the following statement:
"LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of Dave Matthews Band, died unexpectedly Tuesday afternoon, August 19, 2008, at Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center in Los Angeles from sudden complications stemming from his June ATV accident on his farm near Charlottesville, Virginia. Moore had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin an intensive physical rehabilitation program."

Filed under: Music, R.I.P.

I'm not a DMB fan, but this is very sad. My condolences to his family and friends. And to his fans too. 46 is way too young to die. :(

I'm not a DMB fan, but this is very sad. My condolences to his family and friends. And to his fans too. 46 is way too young to die. :(

Yeah. I really don't know any DMB fans here but to me these guys are a very special band to me. Got me through a lot of rough times.

:sad: I'm glad I saw them all perform together at least once. This sucks. I'm gonna get all sad whenever I hear him playing, like his killer solo at the end of "American Baby". I think they need to move in a new musical direction, don't replace him.

NO! I never got to see them live :sad: this is terrible. Not because I didn't see them, but because he was such a great player, and just...oh God, I'm just really sad now.

OMG, this is so sad and shocking. He was amazing. :sad:

R.I.P.
LeRoi.png

Leroi Moore was a superb sax player. He added so much flavor to the band. He will be missed. RIP Leroi, my deepest condolences to his family, the band and friends. :heart:

I know very few DMB songs but his sax on Ants Marching was so beautiful! That was him, right?

God rest his soul! :sad:

I'm not a big DMB fan myself, but I remember my friend (DMB is his all-time #1) being very bummed and sad last month when Moore got into that ATV accident . . . and that was just the accident, when he was still ok.

I can't imagine what he's going through right now.

Condolences to all the family, friends and fans.

Back
Top Bottom