LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. Murphy was just on Charlie Rose as well, discussing his new interest in film-making. Very articulate guy.

you're afraid of what you need
yeah you're afraid of what you need
and if you weren't
if you weren't
i don't know what we'd talk about

yeah no one ever knows what you're talking about
so i guess you're already there
and no one opens when you scream and shout
but it's time to make a couple things clear
if you're afraid of what you need
if you're afraid of what you need
look around you
you're surrounded
it won't get any better
and so good night.

Does anyone know whether The Long Goodbye is going to be out on CD? It's available now on iTunes and Amazon MP3, but I can't find anyone selling it on disc.

It is on HDtracks in lossless 24/96. I will probably spring for that version if there is no CD, though it's a little pricey at $34.

The Long Goodbye (LCD Soundsystem Live at Madison Square Garden) | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

Cobbler, what do you thing of the sound quality? Is it worth the investment to get the high-res? I guess I can give it a listen on Beats Music and see what I think.

Haven't listened yet, but I would say it's worth it to get the high res. Going on what James Murphy's said I highly doubt there'll be a CD. Sounds like he was even a little annoyed he had to put out a digital version, he spent so much time getting the mix and quality right for the vinyl.

It's a great, iconic concert. The only flaw is that James Murphy's live voice sounds like he had just swallowed six doughnuts that got stuck in his throat. It's a relief going back to studio versions after that, although musically, many songs sound better live.

It's not like the length of the show isn't a factor, but he sounds like a stuffed koala from the first note. None of that is heard in studio. Thankfully.

Doesn't change the fact that that version of Dance Yrself Clean is masterful.

Where can I buy this album digitally again?

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

:hyper:

6ca1771a.png

Ehh Drunk Girls is a good choice if you're trying to be representative of what they were about. It's LCD-by-numbers. Wouldn't be on mine but there's worse choices there, like Give it Up. It's also pretty poorly written.

My list would be something like

Daft Punk is Playing at My House
Tribulations
Movement
Losing My Edge
The "Shame On You" part of 45:33
Get Innocuous!
Someone Great
All My Friends
New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
Dance Yrself Clean
Home

And I'd also throw in a live version of Yeah, that shit was insane.

Losing My Edge
Daft Punk Is Playing at My House
Tribulations
Get Innocuous
Someone Great
All My Friends
Dance Yrself Clean
All I Want
I Can Change
Home

If you don't leave that as a LCD Soundsystem fan, you're probably an asshole.

With all due respect to the first album (only three tracks from a double album is not going to seem like enough), that one looks about right.

Of course, limiting things to 1 hour is arbitrary anyway. Perhaps so is a CD maximum length, but that's still a physical reality.

I would love Tribulations, but the production on that song is so damn harsh. I can barely listen to it on headphones.

Back
Top Bottom