LCD Soundsystem: One Thread Is Never Enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In light of this discussion, I'm listening to Sound of Silver on the way to work.

Get Innocuous! is just absolutely filthy. Third best tune on the album. How dance music should me done.

I always assumed it was about a death as well (not a miscarriage, or a break-up) but it's interesting to see other interpretations. I had imagined a close friend or a father - for some reason a male. My favorite LCD Soundsystem song.

You may want to speak with a physician about that reaction, as I don't believe the human body is supposed to work that way. :wink:

Innocuous is one of my favs too, probably my fav. from that album.

I managed to grab tickets to the screening of Shut Up & Play the Hits in Chicago, which is fortunate as it is only playing at one theater in three showings.

If anyone in Toronto is interested, Shut Up and Play the Hits is playing for two nights at the newly renovated Bloor Cinema. July 17th & 18th I believe

Yeah, they'll be back.

"I still don't know if it's the right decision," says Murphy. "I felt like it was the right decision for the moment and you only have that. And I'm OK with that. I regret it sometimes. I don't know if I regret it, but I'm sad sometimes. I'm like, `Oh, it would be fun to play with those guys.' Or I see a band that stinks and I'm like, `Let's go wipe them off, stop them from playing.'"

'Shut Up And Play The Hits': James Murphy On LCD Soundsystem Film Dancing Into Theaters

However, NME reports that Murphy has told the New York Times that a director friend has asked him to reform LCD Soundsystem to record a cover version for a film soundtrack.

Murphy declined to name the director or the film, but said the project is something everyone in the band “seems to want to do”.

Murphy – who was the punk/dance band’s lead singer/songwriter – said he always feels some sort of connection to the band.

“That band was me. Even if I go make a record and it says James Murphy, it’s still me. There’s a line through that stuff that I don’t feel like it’s in my past,” he said.

LCD Soundsystem Could Reform To Contribute To Film Soundtrack - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

I'm very seriously considering the Coachella cruise just for the possibility that I might run into James Murphy.

Who knows, maybe I'll be getting paid by then.

I'm serious though. By then I'll have a fuckload of money to throw away on something stupid. And I don't consider seeing Pulp and James Murphy stupid.

So there are more than a handful of us seeing the film tonight, yes?

Ayup!

I wasn't sure how well the Seattle show had sold, but it sold out, and they added a second showing tonight. Cool.

Also, maybe tonight I will finally try Cinerama's ridiculously-delicious-smelling chocolate popcorn. It might be time.

Yeah, that sucks. Personally, I'm broke. I barely have the money to see Dark Knight Rises tomorrow night, which is a lot cheaper overall than driving back out to Chicago for this.

It will be interesting to see who shows up in my little town tonight. I can't wait. I will be a total nerd and get there early and then probably have a private screening. But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, they'll be back.

"I still don't know if it's the right decision," says Murphy. "I felt like it was the right decision for the moment and you only have that. And I'm OK with that. I regret it sometimes. I don't know if I regret it, but I'm sad sometimes. I'm like, `Oh, it would be fun to play with those guys.' Or I see a band that stinks and I'm like, `Let's go wipe them off, stop them from playing.'"

'Shut Up And Play The Hits': James Murphy On LCD Soundsystem Film Dancing Into Theaters

I feel so fucking jaded sometimes. From the moment they broke up, I've been really suspicious of Murphy of just doing this as some sort of money grab, and then this movie came out. Like I said, I'm probably just being paranoid, but now, just before the movie comes out, they're already talking about getting back together again?

Just back from the film...nah, no way, it's pretty clear in the film he's totally sincere - about, like, everything in life.

It was really great, despite the limitations of our little art house which was meant for foreign films with subtitles, not rock & roll films. So it wasn't loud enough and I knew it wouldn't be, yet I remained ever-hopeful and even put earplugs in my pocket, where they remained.

But it was really touching and beautifully filmed, and I danced in my seat, and laughed, and got sad at times. Maybe about 35-40 people showed up, a pretty strong turnout for something like that here.

Does the DVD come with the complete show? Because I'd love to see the whole concert again on my friends' ginormous TV.

Oh, and Murphy's French Bulldog is completely adorable, mofo. Now I want one.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not just him, my brain jumps to shit like this about everyone. When Robert Christgau "retired" I found it pretty convenient that he was doing so while also promoting his new book. And is he retired now? Hell no.

Back
Top Bottom