Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think her songs are awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing her in August, but I'm a little bit over her antics.

She can feel free to get over herself just a tad any time now. It must be exhausting being "on" all the time.

There's been so much stuff of hers that's leaked, I can't keep track of what are demos, what's old stuff, what's new stuff ... :crack:

Orly. I dont know I just come across stuff about her when I'm reading the trash sites and figure I'd throw it up here.

Wow, finally, after all this stuff about Gaga, I got around to listening to her music and damn, the shit is pretty good. That video for that song Alejandro is something else for sure. Reminded me in some spots of Madonna's Express Yourself video. Anyway, the chick does some wacky shit for sure, but her videos and music are definitely entertaining.

My friend backed out of going to Gaga with me. :( I'm sure I'll find someone else to go with, but I was excited to go with him.

Has anyone read the RS interview yet? I just did in the store this morning. It's very in-depth and really shows how intelligent and creative she is. I don't remember the exact exchange, but the most interesting and telling part for me was when the interviewer asked her how deep she could really be when a lot of her songs seem to be about clubbing and drinking, and her answer said something like if she came out as who she really was, no one would've listened to her: That in our society today, things have to be dressed up in the most shallow packaging possible in order to get messages across to mainstream society. The original intent of this thread that said Gaga was an example of what U2 was satirizing during the ZOO TV era was something I never personally agreed with. And after this interview, I would say even more that she's basically doing the same thing they were on a much larger scale.

I went to the show in Boston last night and had so much fun. Here are a couple of my blurry photos (link).

Gaga sounded great. Most of her songs don't do her voice justice because the girl can sing. She was pounding on her piano so hard during Brown Eyes that she broke a nail (which she complained about in a humorous way), and then another during Speechless (which sounded absolutely amazing). Her singers sounded good, and her dancers were entertaining. Her "hype man" Posh was a riot.

She played her new song You and I and it was surprising to hear how many people already knew the words to it.

Fun, fun, show, and the entire crowd were up on their feet dancing throughout the entire show.

I'm glad that I decided to go, even though my friends didn't want to, and I felt terribly under dressed. :sexywink:

Setlist

1. Dance in the Darkjavascript:void(0);
  2. Glitter and Greasejavascript:void(0);
  3. Just Dancejavascript:void(0);
  4. Beautiful Dirty Richjavascript:void(0);
  5. Vanityjavascript:void(0);
  6. The Famejavascript:void(0);
  7. Love Gamejavascript:void(0);
  8. Boys Boys Boysjavascript:void(0);
  9. Money Honeyjavascript:void(0);
  10. Telephonejavascript:void(0);
  11. Brown Eyesjavascript:void(0);
  12. You and Ijavascript:void(0);
  13. Speechlessjavascript:void(0);
  14. So Happy I Could Diejavascript:void(0);
  15. Monsterjavascript:void(0);
  16. Teethjavascript:void(0);
  17. Alejandrojavascript:void(0);
  18. Poker Facejavascript:void(0);
  19. Paparazzijavascript:void(0);
  20. Bad Romance

You're about six months too late with that observation, bub. We all know. :wink:

I liked it more when the album first came out, but now my eyes are opened and I realize it's not nearly as strong as the other songs on the album.

I liked it well enough when I watched it, but I haven't felt the need to watch it again. I watched Telephone a few times, and still think Bad Romance is the best one.

I'm sure I'll ramp back up on the Gaga before and/or after the concert in August.

Lady Gaga Flips Off Cameras, Drinks Beer At Mets Game (PHOTOS)

LADY-GAGA-FINGER-METS.jpg

LADY-GAGA-METS-BEER.jpg

So is this her True Blue phase now? When does she get to Erotica?

erotica1.jpg

After further review of the Alejandro video, I would say that Gaga was "inspired" by not one , but three Madonna videos. Like a Prayer, Express Yourself and Vogue. Hey if you're gonna be "inspired", you might as well use from the best. The song is great and so is the video. I really dig the Express Yourself and Vogue parts. Good stuff! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom