Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lady-gaga-435.jpg

It's a shame this became the de facto Gaga thread considering it was based around a nonsensical and completely irrelevant argument.

There's always the possibility of moving all the relevant discussion to a new re-titled Gaga thread and locking all the shittosh from this one.

You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

"My image was an issue at my record label. I fought for months and cried at meetings. I got criticized for being arrogant because if you're sure of yourself as a woman they say you're a bitch whereas if you're a man and you're strong-willed, it's normal."

It's this attitude, she believes, that fuels those hermaphrodite rumors. "If a guy says, 'Oh, I f****d all these chicks this week,' there's a high-five and giggling. But when a woman does that and it's publicized or she is open about her sexuality or she's free or liberated, it's, 'Oh, well, she must have a d**k.'"

Topless Lady Gaga Gives the People What They Want | PopEater.com

I don't buy Q as often as I'd like to, thanks to the $10 import price, but I'll be buying this one.

Cori, she had a gig here two nights ago........and would you believe many have commented on local radio and in paper that Madonna has done this. wish peeps would stop comparing a similar style! anyhow, she kept fans waiting, was an hour and bit late.

LOL!

:D

^ The deal is that most of all public seems to have forgotten that the way «she's playing with the media» is everything but new or original. And that's part of the non-original already-created formula(s).

Well, no, "what" she's doing isn't exactly new. But it wasn't new when Madonna, U2, Michael Jackson, Prince, etc. were doing it either. But like all of those artists the way in which she's creating her image, along with the way she uses her art to try to bring attention to things she feels are important, is original and new. That's what making her such a phenomenon. Every action she takes isn't something that's absolutely never been done before, but some are. And even if everyone doesn't realize what exactly she's trying to say about pop culture, celebrity, and fame they're still responding to it because it's coming from her as an artist, not a record company executive. Authenticity, even if it's dressed up in what appears to be the most shallow package, has been missing from the new generation of pop artists. The contradiction between her image and what she's actually trying to say as an artist are what make her so brilliant.

^ The deal is that most of all public seems to have forgotten that the way «she's playing with the media» is everything but new or original.

I'm pretty sure most of the public don't care and just think she and her music are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom