Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Adele became overexposed because they were trying to promote her originality in looks and voice and song-writing.

feels like GaGa is on a break........I think she should try a slow song.

Maddie, please come back to us! :wink: :huh:

Adele isn't overexposed and if she is then she should be because she's talented enough.

Gaga isn't on any break. She's still rolling full throttle.

One thing I didn't realize was that Gaga was an admirer of Britney. Other then being a piece of ass for a few years, what has she done for music? Besides lip sync every tour of course.

Did anyone notice Britney's reaction when Gaga came out as her alter ego? It looked like Britney didn't even know it was Gaga in disquise.

Adele isn't overexposed and if she is then she should be because she's talented enough.

One thing I didn't realize was that Gaga was an admirer of Britney. Other then being a piece of ass for a few years, what has she done for music? Besides lip sync every tour of course.

Did anyone notice Britney's reaction when Gaga came out as her alter ego? It looked like Britney didn't even know it was Gaga in disquise.

Adele is talented but I am more convinced than ever that the British media and music industry are manipulating her chart numbers after her sales jumped up yet again the week after dropping out of #1. She does, however, have my love for apparently dissing Chris Brown at the VMAs. Cameras showed her sipping a drink and looking away from the stage while the thug Brown was performing.

Gaga has said that she was a Brit fan when she was younger but Gaga says lots of stuff that she doesn't really mean so who knows? The derogatory comments she has made in the past about lip-syncing blondes seemed to be directed at Spears but, again, who knows?

Spears knew it was Gaga. She just appears to be uncomfortable in any situation where everything isn't completely under her control. I've not followed her career so I have to ask - was she always like that or did she become that way after her breakdown a few years ago? Someone upthread mentioned feeling sorry for Spears because Gaga overshadowed her award presentation but the blame for that falls on MTV. They supposedly knew weeks ago what Gaga was going to do but they still had her present the award. They couldn't care less about Spears (or anyone else). They just wanted a 'moment'.

Here's a pretty hilarious photo recap of the VMAs. MTV Video Music Awards 2011: Desperate Living in Desperate Times (PHOTORECAP!) - News - TV.com

Did anyone watch her Thanksgiving special? I really enjoyed it, and visually it was beautiful. I believe she directed and produced.

Very cool to see her sing Orange Colored Sky. And to see her in the designer outfits with normal makeup, etc.

And to see her in the designer outfits with normal makeup, etc.

I've been ready for that a long time. I was so over that jaded, dated, tough leather chick shtick. (In fact I think I said somewhere earlier in this thread about how it was time for her to do something truly shocking and put on a Chanel dress. I guess it was just a matter of time anyway before she went all the way with elegant.)

I enjoyed the performances but fast-forwarded through the rest of it.

I watched Gaga's Thanksgiving show twice (DVR'd it). It was good. Very good. It was nice to see that personal "normal" side of her, seeing her emotional over family and loved the choice of music she performed as well as the couture. I did find it interesting her make up was conservative but she masked her eyebrows which I thought was odd. I'd like to see more celebrity Thanksgiving shows rather than Xmas shows. For a change. I like Gaga.

Did anyone watch her Thanksgiving special? I really enjoyed it, and visually it was beautiful. I believe she directed and produced.

Very cool to see her sing Orange Colored Sky. And to see her in the designer outfits with normal makeup, etc.

I read somewhere that she did direct the special and she has also directed the upcoming video for the 'Marry The Night' single. Gaga recently split with her choreographer and creative director Laurieann Gibson and is apparently taking on the creative director role herself. I agree that it was nice to see her dressed a little more conservatively for the holiday special but I don't expect it to last long. She's appearing on the Grammy nomination show this week and I'd be willing to bet she will be back in full on crazy-Gaga mode there.

She recently did some promo appearances in Europe with one of them being at the Bambi awards in Germany. I really like this performance of 'Marry The Night' with just her and her band (no dancers) but it is bizarre seeing this elegant crowd dressed to the nines sitting there like stones while she's performing her heart out. Then when the song is barely over Karl Lagerfield appears to give her an award to very lukewarm applause. It just seemed almost insulting to her. I don't know much about the Bambi awards so maybe that's always the way they are with performers. Anyway, the performance is good. Enjoy!

Lady Gaga mit neuem Hit beim BAMBI | DasErste.de

I was really pleasantly surprised by the special. It was charming and delightfully old-fashioned, like the old holiday specials of yore.

I teared up a bit myself when she talked about her family.

Yeah, I always just listen to the first two tracks of Born This Way, then skip over to Edge of Glory and turn it off.

I should probably just listen to a pop station for 20 minutes.

Marry the Night is fucking spectacular.

That's all.

You talkin bout the song, the video, or both?

Thought that most of the video was pretty brilliant...especially the first 5 minutes or so. And the very end. Her narration is great - equal parts meta/pretentious/funny as hell. The video loses a bit of steam after a while when it becomes just another typical choreographed dance number, but I think it's still easily her best video from this album, and her best video since "Telephone."

The song and the video, really. Maybe my favorite thing she's done yet on both fronts. Especially love the bits of the video where the actual song kicks in, and the cross-cutting/dance numbers really flesh out. Though yeah, does become a bit more traditional at that point, but it's kind of unavoidable really. Also maybe because the first 1/2-2/3 of the video rely more on her straight up filmmaking abilities, which have considerably improved (nice to see her taking on a more directly creative role in that department) but she's still not quite a filmmaker yet.

The album on the whole is really growing on me though. Not sure how often I'll listen to the entire thing straight through - that's kind of an overload of dance-pop music, but yeah, love it.

I fucking love Marry the Night.

The video .... I didn't hate it, but the long versions of her videos are usually only watchable about once for me. Then just give me the short versions.

I thought the dancing in this one was much better than in previous. I don't know much about dance, but I don't usually care for her choreography. But I think I read she's parted ways with her choreographer, so maybe that's why I like it better in this video.

Yeah, Laurieann Gibson. She was Gaga's choreographer and "creative director." She was fired like three weeks ago.

I don't think Gibson was involved with this video. They acknowledged a few weeks ago that she was no longer working with Gaga but I think the actual split happened several months ago. It looks like the last Gaga-related project Gibson was involved in was the 'You and I' video which she directed and that came out in August.

I love the song and I like the video. Considering this was Gaga's first time as the sole director I think she did a very good job, but I do agree that it's a little too long to be highly rewatchable. I'm surprised that she didn't put out a shorter version with the intro cut to a minute or two that may be better used to promote the single, at least I haven't seen one.

Has anyone watched the Thanksgiving special? That's fucking art, right there.

Would die to see U2 do something like this again..

I really enjoyed it. :up: Oh yeah, it would be amazing to see U2 do something like that right now.

A video has emerged of pre-fame Gaga performing a couple of club sets. The songs aren't great but it is interesting to see her evolving toward popstar-Gaga.

Lady Gaga on Vimeo

Here's the sketch of the brand new stage design for her "Born This Way" world tour:

511854849.png

Looks pretty cool. A castle/church thingy with a U2-esque ramp thingy. The inner circle area is called "The Monster Pit."

I would go if someone bought my ticket for me.

I thought she was still touring from the last tour!

Would definitely go again if she comes near here. Stage looks cool.

i've been wondering when the hell this tour's going to happen. the album's only been out for nearly a year now. she's deserved a break sure, it's just odd.

Yeah, the whole thing was bass-ackward. I mean, who releases a brand new album a few weeks after the END of their two-year worldwide tour? And then doesn't tour the new album until nearly a year later when it's pretty much played out? They should have had her take an extended break starting last January then release the new album in May and start touring again in June or July.

But there are rumors that she has been working on another album for release this year and wants to incorporate it into the new tour so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom