Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch Gaga on Late Night with Letterman last night? It was good-they hit it off pretty well surprisingly. Letterman's more "hip" than I thought and they were totally flirting. It was a great interview! :heart:

I think Americano is my new favorite.

Subject to change tomorrow, when it might just be Bloody Mary.

probably unintentional, but what the hey

Americano is one of the songs I'm considering chopping. Along with Hair.
I_see_what_you_did_there_cat_RE_More_funnies_for_you_all-s480x360-106842-580.jpg

I really liked her performance on Idol last night. Cool outfit. She sounded great. Liked the "suicide leap" with her boy toy at the end.

Was that Clarence Clemons playing? They only showed him briefly, but it must have been him. His part didn't sound so great.

Did anyone catch Gaga on Late Night with Letterman last night? It was good-they hit it off pretty well surprisingly. Letterman's more "hip" than I thought and they were totally flirting. It was a great interview! :heart:

Yeah, it was good. But I was hoping she'd come out wearing something truly shocking like a Chanel dress but that didn't happen.

MTV just aired a GaGa special "Inside the Outside". It was good. I love what she does to her hair. She is amazing. I'm sure MTV will re-run the hour long special so look for it in case you missed it :up:

I was prepared to be really disappointed. I don't hate "Born this Way," but I didn't think it was anything special. I don't think it's pandering or crass; I think she's completely genuine. I just think its kind of boring and the production is way too cluttered. The acapella version during the credits of the HBO special was much better. "Judas" took a while but grew on me - it may be my favorite Gaga song now, but "Hair" was and is just bad. Bleh. I wish there weren't so many songs on the album written from the perspective of her "little monsters" ("Bad Kids" also bores me). But "Edge of Glory" succeeds despite everything that should be working against it, and makes for great third single. For her, it's quite a left-field performance. Briefly, regarding the Idol performance - did anyone else read it as a leap of faith rather than suicide? But I digress.

I think this album is much, much more consistent than The Fame. That album had some great singles (except "Eh Eh" - I mean really, that was a single?) and one or two solid tracks ("The Fame" and "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"). But most of it was filler. The Fame Monster, however, and I refuse to call it an EP, was a much more consistent album. Almost perfect. So I think BTW fits somewhere in between. There are moments when the sincerity overwhelms what could be more artful representations of the same theme, but it's hard to care when you've got "Bloody Mary" (easily my favorite), "Judas," "Marry the Night," and "Heavy Metal Lover." That song is fucking sexy. Some of my favorite opening lyrics on a dance-pop record ever. Ever. Other than "Hair," there's very little that I don't like here, even if some is not as good. I'd give it an 8 or so out of 10. I was not prepared to like the album tracks so much - it's more or less the inverse of her debut.

Speaking of "fucking sexy," anyone else notice the amount of editing on this album? It's like The Fame Monster all over again. I get that it's purposeful and confrontational in "Government Hooker," but there are a number of other censorship moments which just did not need to happen.

YES. Thank you, that really pisses me off. Why not release both an explicit and a censored version of the album if you're that effing worried about sales at Wal-Mart or whatever? The Fame Monster was the same way, and the uncensored tracks turned up online later.

And it's not even consistent - some are actually bleeped out, and others are just cut, like they are on Fame Monster. God, that's so irritating.

I agree with almost everything you said above.

considering Edge of Glory is about (I think?) her grandfather's death, it totally makes sense that it was a leap of faith at the end of the performance. It was just an easy joke to make considering the other times she's "killed herself" or had fun with fake blood in her shows. :wink:

Many people are calling it suicide. It is just as likely, really.

"Heavy Metal Lover" sounds great beside Scissor Sisters' "Harder You Get." S & M sex-sleaze-disco-metal glam goodness.

Marry The Night and Bloody Mary are two of the best dance songs of the year.

The single choices have been...interesting so far though. I really hope and pray that Hair doesn't catch on, and Judas has already flopped. Relatively speaking, of course; she could crack the top 20 with Revolution 9 or Sexy Boots at this point.

I was prepared to be really disappointed. I don't hate "Born this Way," but I didn't think it was anything special. I don't think it's pandering or crass; I think she's completely genuine. I just think its kind of boring and the production is way too cluttered. The acapella version during the credits of the HBO special was much better. "Judas" took a while but grew on me - it may be my favorite Gaga song now, but "Hair" was and is just bad. Bleh. I wish there weren't so many songs on the album written from the perspective of her "little monsters" ("Bad Kids" also bores me). But "Edge of Glory" succeeds despite everything that should be working against it, and makes for great third single. For her, it's quite a left-field performance.

I was not prepared to like the album tracks so much - it's more or less the inverse of her debut.

Yes, I did not think I was going to like this album based on some of the singles, but quite of few of the album tracks are really great, making it an overall very good album :)

Does anyone else but me think that 'Born This Way's chorus is identical to Madonna's 'Express Yourself'? Or is it me?? :huh:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this the other day when I got this e-mail, but it made me laugh all the same:

Dear Amazon Customer,

As someone who purchased Lady Gaga’s album “Born This Way” on May 23, 2011, you may have experienced issues downloading the album.

It goes on to explain what to do to redownload it. But, yeah, I definitely had trouble downloading it.

i tried downloading it before i went to school that day and nothing was working. didn't even occur to me to look online somewhere to see if it was a widespread issue. but by the time i came home, everything would download then so it was all good.

Marry the Night is insanely catchy. That Edge of Glory received promotion instead is almost incomprehensible to me.

Except that Edge of Glory is also very catchy?

I'm sorry, I just can't handle Edge of Glory. When I first heard it, I thought that it was a parody of a throw-away 80s dance song. I didn't initially believe that she was responsible for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom