Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After further review of the Alejandro video, I would say that Gaga was "inspired" by not one , but three Madonna videos. Like a Prayer, Express Yourself and Vogue. Hey if you're gonna be "inspired", you might as well use from the best. The song is great and so is the video. I really dig the Express Yourself and Vogue parts. Good stuff! :up:
There's also "Human Nature" there and much more...

The comparison video

I found it disappointing. There are some good songs on it, but overall it's a little meh. Plus, the production is appalling - too many of the songs have distortion even on my decent stereo system. Fraking loudness wars. :down:

On the plus side, I really love the concert DVD from the tour - I thought the songs translated great in the live setting, so it might just be the production that makes me not like the album.

But I loved Confessions so much, there was nowhere to go but down. :wink:

Hard Candy is not bad, in fact, but it becomes pale and a bit disappointing after having heard Confessions, American Life, Music and Ray Of Light. Most songs on HC are good or okay, but it doesn't hide the desperate Madonna for recognition and for airplay in the urban/pop formats. Plus, unlike her previous albums, HC didn't bring anything new to the pop scene music landscapes (Music, Ray Of Light or American Life - and even Confessions with its disco recycle - did). Too bad she carried on with it with the two bonus tracks of Celebration which are among the worse she has done in years.

Apparently Sean Lennon tweeted a pic of Lady GaGa playing John's white piano and Beatles fans fans got all freaked out over it. He says it's Yoko's piano.

alg_ladygagalennonpiano.jpg

NY Daily News

The image showed a leotard- and fishnet-clad Gaga tapping the late Beatles' ivories with the caption: "With gaga at mom’s house, she’s belting on the white piano…"

Lennon fans accused Gaga of not being worthy to play such an esteemed instrument; their anger caused Sean Lennon to eventually remove the Twitpic, but not before defending his friend.

"Pianos meant are to be played," he tweeted in response. "What should we do, lock it away in a dusty room? So judgmental...Come on, lighten up... life's too short, there are enough real problems in the world. "

Sean then clarified that the piano did not, in fact, belong to his father but to Lennon's wife, Yoko Ono.

"Firstly, he gave that piano to my mother for her birthday, it is hers, secondly, he was not uptight the way you seem to be," he tweeted.

Though Lennon was considered one of the most gifted singer-songwriters in history, Gaga is no slouch at the piano herself. She learned to play at the age of four, wrote her first piano ballad at 13 and performed open mic nights at 14.

The 24-year-old singer, who often covers "Imagine" during her live shows, told contactmusic.com last year that in 1968 she would have probably been like another other crazed Beatles fan.

"I might be arguing with Yoko Ono and trying to win John Lennon's heart and chasing The Beatles in a bus on LSD, hoping that one of them hands me a microphone one day," she said.

Well, seeing as how John's dead, I'd say yeah, it's Yoko's piano.

And please. It's not the holy fucking grail. Pianos were meant to be played.

I like that she's sitting on her jacket, so as not to put her pants-less ass on the bench. :wink:

Lady Gaga covers the September issue of Vanity Fair, and inside she takes her clothes off and talks about bad romances, doing coke, hitting rock bottom and being drunk at Yankee Stadium

On celibacy:
"I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they're going to take my creativity from me through my vagina."

LADY-GAGA-NUDE-VANITY-FAIR.jpg

Gotta give this woman credit in that she works awfully hard to keep her name out there.

Whenever the clock strikes midnight on her, it won't be due to lack of effort.

I've pretty much stopped paying attention to anything she says. Not interested in the interviews anymore.

Still looking forward to the concert on the 21st, though!

So yeah, I didn't get to see Gaga tonight. Not really. I got separated from Ashley prior to the show starting, and I didn't find her until sometime after Gaga started ranting about huge cocks. Most of what I heard sounded fine, but the visuals definitely seemed scaled down (or perhaps my expectations were simply too high). Personally, I found her a bit grating rather than charming, and I never got to hear Bad Romance or Paparazzi because we left early. On top of that, the hordes of Gaga fans absolutely killed the vibe of the rest of Lolla day 1, as they padded out the crowds (and venue) without actually contributing sound or passion. Really bummed right now, honestly.

What upsets me the most about the whole debacle was that, in spite of focusing most of my attention on getting un-lost, I really was enjoying the hell out of her performance. We could've still watched the last 45 minutes of the show, had I not pulled a muscle in my foot. I suck.

I blame Lady Gaga's popularity. It shouldn't take 45 minutes to take a piss, unless you're Cori's age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom