KOL cancel concert due to bird poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmao, as if an outdoor venue can control when and where the hell a pigeon decides too poo. This is so Spinal Tap-esque. Not in a bazillion years would U2 suddenly cancel a gig if something like that happened. Take a 2-minute timeout, gargle with some whiskey backstage or whatever, wipe your face off, and get on with it :wink:

Bono eats pieces of shit like Kings of Leon for breakfast.

He may have even morphed into a bird just he could defecate into the mouth of the KOL bassist.

I buddy sent me a text (is/was a KOL fan) and said the whole story is just BS, and the band used that excuse because it was way too hot.

If you look at the youtube clip it looks the drummer is the 1st to leave while the bass player (victim) is just standing there.

Who knows with these guys anymore? I was a fan of their first 3 albums but have seen a transformation for the worst since their latest. And this is someone who has seen them 4 times. I understand if a musician gets injured (fall, slip, take a glass bottle, fail doing a back-flip or stunt) but to cancel an entire show with 1,000's of fans 3 songs in because you got bird shit in your mouth is BS. Wash your face, take a shot, spit it out, and put a towel over your head for the rest of the set. This is rock n roll....SHIT HAPPENS :up:

That pigeon and I are kindred spirits.

:lol: If it were 30 Seconds to Mars that pigeon would have gotten a gold star from me.

Rock stars got a lot of money, right? I'm sure they could spring for three of these:
umbrella-hat-big.jpg

:lmao: Perfect.

ETA: I love google ads. Totally could have solved the venues problems. Hee.

34ozs4p.jpg

Verizon Wireless Amphitheater has no pigeon infestation problem today and never has, a representative said Monday, three days after a headlining act cut short a concert and faulted offensive fowl.
Grammy-winning rockers Kings of Leon of "Use Somebody" fame walked off the stage Friday night after three songs, saying they were getting pummeled by bird feces.

The band claimed in a statement released later that it had been told about a years-old bird infestation plaguing the Verizon before performing.
But the Verizon rep, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, says the culprit Friday was just one pesky bird, perched in the rafters and pelting the stage with droppings that night.

The venue's response comes after the stinky story grabbed worldwide attention thanks to reports by media outlets that included CNN, E!, Rolling Stone, the BBC, People, Entertainment Weekly, ABC News and Billboard.
"Birds do go up in the rafters, and if you're sitting under them, there's a good chance you'll get hit," the venue source said. "But you're always dealing with birds coming and going. And you can have the same problem in the audience. If a bird shows up, you can have droppings."

The venue, owned and operated by Live Nation, uses several tactics in addition to regular checks by an exterminator to keep birds at bay. On nonconcert days, for example, a siren runs all day at Verizon to scare birds away.

Also, nail boards and a paste that birds dislike are used on the beams to discourage them from roosting. But those are only used on select rafters, because riggers have to walk among the beams.
Still, there's not much that can be done about the rogue bird that flies in during a show and settles, as apparently happened Friday night.

"We sent a rigger in, and he tried to shoo it," the venue source said. "The rigger got it to fly away, but it flew back. So you just have to deal with it."
Kings of Leon learned of the bird droppings from opening act the Stills during intermission.

"We didn't want to cancel the show, so we went for it," Jared Followill, Kings of Leon's bassist, said in the statement. "We tried to play. It was ridiculous."

But the venue source said the band decided when it learned about the pigeon droppings that it would not do a complete show. The band was urged to move a couple of feet to the left or right, in effect dodging the droppings, but the band decided against it, the source said, and instead had its tour bus backed up to the rear of the stage so it could make a hasty exit.

"They weren't planning on dealing with the bird. They just dealt with how to get out of there," the source said.

Kings of Leon's publicist said Monday that the band had nothing further to say about what happened at Verizon.

Sara Berry, communications director for the city of Maryland Heights, said she was unaware of a bird problem at Verizon. "I haven't heard of any other concerts getting interrupted in that fashion, but it sounds possible," she said. "But I would think most bands would play through it."

lame-o

I pigeon just shit in my mouth as I was typing this, but do you see me giving up? fuck that

I realize that everybody in that audience will get their money back (minus fees probably). But I think it's pretty shitty of them to not reschedule the show. I heard there were somewhere between 8,000 - 10,000 people there in an amphitheater that holds 20,000. All I can say is if they were getting pelted with bird shit at a sold out Madison Square Garden, you bet your ass they'd reschedule that show. But the fact that this is a half full venue in St. Louis makes them think that they were too good too play that gig. I saw them last September in an arena in Columbus, and I could tell from the way he talked that this newfound fame was going to his head a little bit. He was cocky, not humble about it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens the next time they play in St. Louis. And believe it or not, this story might actually give them publicity they never would have gotten otherwise. I even saw ESPN do a blurb about this story!

Back
Top Bottom