KINGS OF LEON NEW ALBUM DETAILS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a far cry from the rattling, almost punk-like rhythms of Aha Shake Heartbreak.

This album is a slow-burner.

Just heard album and its a lot mellower than the last 3 albums but they have some real top songs! They are def gonna go mainstream in a big way with this album!

:| Not what I wanted to hear. I thought the first two albums were great, the third one was a little too mellow, and now this? Perhaps I don't need to rush out and get it the day it comes out.

:sad:

I've been listening to this a lot the last 48 hours and it really is growing on me and I'm starting to love it. I think the same thing happened when I first heard Because of the Times, too.

This one, though, is a definite departure. Way slower and more deliberate. But there are gorgeous moments throughout and I only think it will grow on me even more.

Use Somebody is the best song on here and is one of the most immediately likable songs I have heard all year.

I've listened to the album twice now and I'm still gonna wait till judgement. Where did the rock go from Kings of Leon :( ? I've seen this band 5 times llive (seeing them again in October) and this is a major departure. I understand bands need to grow, but this was a depature I was afraid of based on some of the promo pictures for this album. We went from bringing switchblades & guns to a fight to a soundtrack you can use while looking at your old highschool yearbook. Tracks I enjoy:

Crawl
Sex On Fire
I Want You
Cold Desert (Great song)

I'll listen to it a few more times

Oh my god is 'COLD DESSERT' one of the best tracks ever written or what!

i'm only through 5 songs of the album, but thus far it's spectacular.

much more polished, mature recording.

i hate using the u2 comparison but the way their sound has progressed really does remind of the way u2's sound progressed over the years... from the post-punkish sounds to a more atmospheric feel. :hmm:

This album is amazing. I've been listening to it pretty much exclusively for the last 4 days and it keeps growing on me. I think the only track right now that I don't flat-out love is 17. And even that one has its moments.

Anyone else loving this shit right now?

Oh, Headache, right on cue. Glad you like it. Yeah, I really love the way this band has progressed. And they haven't even been around that long.

dare i say that this is their joshua tree?

That's funny because actually on the kingsofleon.com message board someone created a thread suggesting that this album is their Achtung Baby. No joke.

Also, even though their sound has changed...their lyrics haven't. Caleb is still singin about boozin and bangin girls.

I can dig it.

That's funny because actually on the kingsofleon.com message board someone created a thread suggesting that this album is their Achtung Baby. No joke.

that i don't see... it's not a complete departure from their previous sounds the way achtung baby was for u2. it's almost like because of the times was like the unforgettable fire, the bridge between the punkish sounds and the atmospheric sounds.

i don't make the joshua tree comparison just because it's a great album. it's the way it sounds in comparison to their previous albums, and how the albums have led into each other.

Yeah, I agree.

That Kings of Leon message board is fucking awful by the way. Maybe the worst I've ever seen.

i have to say i am in love with the album! it is soo good! Easily the best album i have heard this year!

Just listened to their live show on Radio 1 and the new songs sound even better live! Crawl and Use somebody were pure class live!

The main newspaper here in the UK 'The Sun' have today hailed KIngs of Leon as gonna be in the same league as Coldplay and U2 after the release of their new album! They say they gonna become world superstars!

The main newspaper here in the UK 'The Sun' have today hailed KIngs of Leon as gonna be in the same league as Coldplay and U2 after the release of their new album! They say they gonna become world superstars!

I don't know. They are already pretty damn big in the UK. But to reach Coldplay or U2 levels, as that article suggests, they'd have to hit the big time over here in the States, too. I do really enjoy the new album and I think Use Somebody will probably be a hit over here when it's released as a single, but I don't think it's enough to propel them to massive popularity in America.

Unfortunately.

I had heard about them in the past few years but never bothered to check them out.

Now I listened to the leak of their new album and I'm blown away. Awesome, awesome album. I can't wait until I can purchase a hard copy.

:up::applaud::up:

WOW! I thought that their last album was great, but this one is even better! It's EXTREMELY rare for me to listen to an album for the first time and like every song. The last time that happened for me was probably with Achtung Baby....Anyway, "Use Somebody" is one of the catchiest songs I've heard in years and I hope it turns out to be a single. I can't wait for the album to release officially so I can pick it up and lend KOL some support.

Also, if anyone has any Live versions of the new songs that they can share.........PLEASE!

asar1531@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom