Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new song is ok, and his voice doesn't irritate me anywhere as much as in the past. I kinda doubt though that it will be their next massive single in the vein of Sex on Fire, it sounds rather subdued in comparison. Kinda like Violet Hill.

Has the new Kings of Leon leaked?

I'm really looking forward to this next album and I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to listen to the album versions of the new songs yet? I put in my preorder on itunes yesterday, but I still can't even listen to clips of the songs and it's driving me mad... Anyone have any good info?

The real question is, has anything else leaked on Kings of Leon?

pigeon.jpg

The new album has some pretty excellent songs and some pretty meh songs...I think its at least better than the last one though

Leak??? :panic:

I thought they had been doing a stellar job of keeping it from leaking, oh well I'm off to find a link somewhere...

Alright, so the opening track would fit perfectly on Only By The Night. In fact, the verse melody reeks of Sex On Fire.

Not a promising start to this, Kings.

Kings of Adult Contemporary.

I can't believe how tepid this album is.

I'm halfway through, and am very, very close to falling asleep.

Somehow, someway, by the grace of some unmerciful God, they actually made a record worse than Only By The Night.

Somehow, someway, by the grace of some unmerciful God, they actually made a record worse than Only By The Night.

yeah? i mean i never listened to that album (who would after hearing Use Somebody and Sex on Fire for what seemed like half my life to date) but i like Radioactive.

kudos for making it through, i guess. if i don't like an album after three or four songs and it appears it will all be similar i usually switch off. (Birds of Tokyo)

use google blogs and search for it

This album will sell a truckload in week 1 - probably # 1 in USA

Because of the Times is still my fave

I think production goes into a lot of what is wrong with the record - Mary, Immortals, Radioactive were played live at a show I was at and wow, what a difference.

"Birthday" is a really cool song.

"No Money" is probably my favorite.

Okay...

...so I liked Only By The Night.

Instead of calling me an idiot with poor taste in music, can you tell me if I'm gonna like this one?

An average song (at best) moderately saved by the choir... But this is coming from someone who has been told that he "doesn't get the Kings of Leon."

Radioactive is getting a lot of radio airplay here...I like it, though with those U2-ish guitars I always half-expect Bono (similar delivery too) to start singing.

While it is less of a poor attempt at mainstream than OBTN (which succeeded in its singles, but the album cuts were trying to do the same thing, and with the exception of 'Be Somebody' ended up being very forgettable), based on the talk from the band over the last year or so they seemed to indicate a marriage of they're Southern rock stylings and OBTN, but with the exception of 'The Immortals' I don't hear that.

Is it bad? No, but it breaks no new ground either as a rock act or as a further pop-styled act, and comes off as simply making something because it's expected to have new album every 2 years and they can continue to make money on it. I like a few tracks, like 'Radioactive', 'The End' (probably my favorite), 'The Immortals' and 'Pick-up Truck', but the rest never takes off and is largely forgettable. Disappointment.

They really are in a position where they can't win with their old fans I feel, I'm not whining about them taking their sound to the mainstream, but there's no playful entertainment that was found in their first 3 records. Consequently, were they ever to really sound like their early material again, they'd make all the OBTN bandwagoners mad.

The one benefit of the radio-ization of KOL is the much lower incidence of ear-straining screaming from Caleb, which has been virtually erased at this point. During certain songs on their first 3 records it contributed to the song, but a lot of the time I just wanted to be able to delete the vocal track and listen the instruments.

Haven't read anything that was posted but I am excited to see them at the garden in November. For a change got really good seats through ticketmaster no less. :hyper:

I think I'll check this album out. I quite like Radioactive but haven't heard one whole KOL album.

I just listened to it a few times. It's not bad but it doesn't make want to listen to their other albums.

Back
Top Bottom