Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kol-cas-usa.jpg

01. The End
02. Radioactive
03. Pyro
04. Mary
05. The Face
06. The Immortals
07. Back Down South
08. Beach Side
09. No Money
10. Pony Up
11. Birthday
12. Mi Amigo
13. Pickup Truck

Some of the song titles hint there may be some silly songs aha shake style.

"Pyro" was recently uploaded from a live show on youtube - i must say its a class song.

OK, that album cover blows. But then again, all of their albums besides Because of the Times have crappy covers.

Their new tune Radioactive is pretty good
i saw them at V in UK and was good live

reminds me of U2 from Pop era though

Hope the album is quality

That's something I'm really looking forward to :up:

Also, we got news today that they'll perform in my city on 4 December with ticket sales starting tomorrow, I'll try my luck. I've wanted to see them live for a while now.

An average song (at best) moderately saved by the choir... But this is coming from someone who has been told that he "doesn't get the Kings of Leon."

Album cover :up:

Radioactive :down:- like the guitar, but his vocal just ruins it for me, just can't get into it, never have. I want to, but I can't.

The video's a little ridiculous, but I didn't mind the song too much. Really liked the choir. Showed the video to Lemonmelon, his response was, "Well at least I'll never hear that song on the radio, lacks any kind of discernible hook." Then the very first song that came on the radio when we got in the car about an hour later was "Radioactive" which gave me a laugh until I discovered that the choir is not in the single version, and am now very disappointed and hoping I'm not going to have to hear this song on the radio for the next 82(?) weeks ala "Use Somebody".

I got tickets for the show on 4 December this morning. They were gone in 30 minutes and I totally forgot to check the ticket site out because I had so much work to do. Luckily, some GA tickets were released later on and I got one of those. I'm really looking forward to the show and to the new album. Right now, I have to make up my mind about the new stuff, not so sure about that right now.

I'm loving "Radioactive" It's all of I've listened to so far, but to me it's much more a return to their Southern rock sound and not "KOL trying to be a stadium band". Granted I'm in the minority who actually enjoyed OBTN and genuinely like "Use Somebody", but I still prefer the earlier work. I dig.

I hesitantly like Radioactive. Their shift towards radio-angling is complete, but having heard Immortals as well, it suggests they'll keep some old sound on the record as long as they can sell it to the crowd that doesn't know their first 3 albums exist by the inclusion of 3-4 smooth singles. Half of me doesn't miss old KOL because Radioactive is performed in a way that Caleb is not at all annoying which was always a risk with their older music, cool dirty guitar music ruined by obnoxious wailing... except for the few tracks the wailing actually contributed to, most of which can be found on Aha Shake Heartbreak.

Back
Top Bottom