Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YouTube - Jetta commercial
I remember being shocked hearing Molly's Chambers on T.V LOL

I agree with alot of what you said, I 2 wish I was able to witness the fans reaction to Achtung...but I think U2's change was a bit more dramatic than Kings of Leons slow but steady progression

right and i don't compare the Kings change to that of Achtung... i compare it more to the Joshua Tree... U2 went from being a post-punk band to an Eno-ized atmospheric band with a touch of country western thrown in... but it wasn't over night, it was a slow record by record change that ultimately turned into The Joshua Tree.

The Joshua Tree sounds absolutely nothing like Boy in the same way that Achtung Baby sounds nothing like The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum.

:shrug: of course music is subjective... i just think people who toss around the "sell out" line just because a group matures and writes a song that reaches a broad audience is incredibly lame.

KOL are so similar to U2 its scary!

Both bands started off with raw passionate music then U2 produced Joshua Tree and KOL produced Only by the Night. Sex on Fire & Use somebody are U2's WEith or without you & Still hav'nt found!

Can't wait to see KOL change to there Actung Baby days!

I love KOL so much!!!!

KOL are so similar to U2 its scary!

Both bands started off with raw passionate music then U2 produced Joshua Tree and KOL produced Only by the Night. Sex on Fire & Use somebody are U2's WEith or without you & Still hav'nt found!

Can't wait to see KOL change to there Actung Baby days!

I love KOL so much!!!!

2s8s09f.jpg

right and i don't compare the Kings change to that of Achtung... i compare it more to the Joshua Tree... U2 went from being a post-punk band to an Eno-ized atmospheric band with a touch of country western thrown in... but it wasn't over night, it was a slow record by record change that ultimately turned into The Joshua Tree.

The Joshua Tree sounds absolutely nothing like Boy in the same way that Achtung Baby sounds nothing like The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum.

:shrug: of course music is subjective... i just think people who toss around the "sell out" line just because a group matures and writes a song that reaches a broad audience is incredibly lame.

I c!

I also believe that OBTN is a more "structured" album... mainstream and more radio friendly than their previous work.

Caleb has stated that everything leading up to OBTN was mere experimentation...I guess the same could be said for U2 before The Joshua Tree.

While they may never release a song with the same gritty Southern feel as "Spiral Staircase" or "Genius", they couldn't have kept doing that shit forever!

I just wish it was someone like Editors who had this newfound commercial success, not Kings Of Leon, 'cause that FollowIll guy's voice sounds downright feral.

4 New Kings Of Leon Songs First Time Live Last Night

So if U2 are going to play their new songs live....theyd better be good :)

I was at the Borgata in Atlantic City last night for Kings Of Leon first show of their tour in a small venue, 2500 people. Security was extra tight with the video phones and as the show started it made sense as to why. They opened up with a brand new song that is going to rival sex on fire if released as the first single. They played an additional 3 new songs throughout the show. My computer is a mess so i cant post links to the very shitty audio/video quality of the songs but they are on the forums of kingsofleon.com

Very, very excited about the new songs/album..One song which is said to be called "Mary" has a total '50s vibe to it, super cool.They bumped up KOL on my favorite band list for sure.

I don't know that I'd call it a new trend. REM was playing new songs on the Monster tour, most of which ended up on New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

I'm sure there are loads of other bands that have done it as well.

But carry on. :wink:

I would say it sounds like newer stuff but edgier. I know a lot of "Fans" may like the older stuff.

One song I believe entitled "immortal" sounds like The Police, U2, and Stone Temple Pilots combined. The bass kicks ass :up:

I don't know that I'd call it a new trend. REM was playing new songs on the Monster tour, most of which ended up on New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

I'm sure there are loads of other bands that have done it as well.

But carry on. :wink:

Where did the OP call it a new trend?

Anyway, my love for these guys has seriously waned over the course of the last couple years. But, they used to be one of my favorite bands, and I still got some love for them somewhere deep down. So I'll be searching the webs for clips of these new songs.

And I'll definitely give them a chance to win me back with the new album.

this pleases me, if only for the fact that it means maybe they'll stop playing Sex On Fire and The Song That Shall Not Be Named on the radio

I literally just came back from their show in Saratoga, NY--they played a few new songs. I didn't catch the names but they had the Whigs (warm up band) come out and play with them on one. Tons of people were recording so I'm sure something will show up on the web

In the original first post, before he edited.

And yet now my comment stands, and it makes me look like I'm just picking a fight with no reason. :grumpy:

:wink:

Aha! I kinda figured maybe that's what happened. I was confused.

News of an impending new KOL album led me to listen to them tonight for the first time in a looooooooong time. I listened to most of Only By The Night (minus the singles) and I just typed out a long winded reaction to the band as a whole but have decided to erase it. I'll just say that the album still leaves me very cold. Although I can understand why it appealed to many people and was so successful.

Here's hoping the new album somehow kicks ass or something.

Here's hoping they made enough money last time around to take some of the cold shiny plastic production layers off this time around.

"Radioactive" and others are on youtube for those who care to do a search, bad quality but get them before theyre taken down.

Back
Top Bottom