Kings of Leon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://rol.st/1OxWl8C

They plan to get the album out in 2016. Looks like they laid the tracks down in Nashville but might go to LA to do it for inspiration since they did their first two there.

They also did a pretty nice cover of "Simple Man" the other night. The best version on YouTube was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I liked their last album so I'm actually looking forward to this. More simple, fun rock songs in the vein of Supersoaker please.

Low quality but this sounds killer. This is another new song called "over" not the lead single.

Last edited:

I like it. It's easy and fun.

It's not earth-shattering but I don't expect that from this band. If they can deliver an album as good as Mechanical Bull then I'll be happy. They don't deserve the hate they get.

I agree. It accomplishes what it sets out to be I think and doesn't sound forced or desperate. I generally like their album cuts better. Definitely looking forward to this.

I really like this band. I don't LOVE them, but they make good music. I've seen them live 3 times (including opening for U2 in 2005) and they put on a very solid performance. Sometimes it's nice to go to a concert and just watch a band play without any bells and whistles.

They obviously reacted to fame in a poor way once they finally did break through. They did a lot of things and made some choices that alienated a lot of people. You want to piss off your fans? Have fans travel all the way out to a concert venue, start playing, and then call off the show mid performance due to stupid reasons (pigeon shit, being drunk, "exhaustion").

I understand that shit happens and sometimes shows / entire tour legs need to be cancelled. I think what separates bands like U2 is that if they do have to pull out of shows, they ALWAYS reschedule them. The only time U2 have outright CANCELLED and never rescheduled since the very early days was the Popmart show in Raleigh. KOL seem to have taken the Axl Rose approach to touring.

Anyone listen to the album? I'm really not into this Marcus Dravs guy. The live versions of the songs blow the album away in my opinion. I hope they don't continue on with him.

I like it. Sounds like a natural progression for them. So far, Over is my favorite. Sounds like KOL meets U2.

The production on this album is awful. Awash in reverb, there's no grit or grime to be heard anywhere on this thing. They sound like a rock band that's afraid to hit my ears too hard. In that regard, it couldn't be more different from the first two albums.

I kind of like the songs though. It's probably their best batch since Because of the Times.

The production on this album is awful. Awash in reverb, there's no grit or grime to be heard anywhere on this thing. They sound like a rock band that's afraid to hit my ears too hard. In that regard, it couldn't be more different from the first two albums.

I kind of like the songs though. It's probably their best batch since Because of the Times.

Just how I feel. God awful production. Over and Wild for example sound a million times better live.

Back
Top Bottom