King Crimson Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LastEdgeOnEarth

The Fly
Ok so this outfit is an INSTITUTION. Robert Fripp may be wacko and I have no doubt he's probably a little twit to get along with, but ya gotta hand it to him. He's kept the vision alive since 1969 and they'll be coming back with another album within the next 2 years probably.

I just picked up "Red" from 1975. WOW. It is heavy. Q Mag voted it one of the 50 Heaviest Albums of all time and it's become infamous as one of Curt Cobain's favorite albums and very influential on him. It took a few listens, but I see why. "One More Red Nigthmare" screams Nirvana rhytmically. And you can hear alot of Cobain's angst on "Fallen Angel". Not that I care much about Nirvana. Like Mickey Rourke says in "The Wrestler", "then Curt Cobain had to come along and ruin everything".

And since 1980, to have Adrian Belew join and have 2 of the GREATEST GUITARISTS IN THE WORLD in the SAME BAND, now thats just great.

Thoughts?

In The Court Of The Crimson Kind and Red are classics. Haven't heard much else, but what I have seems aimless and wanky. I'll stick with those two for the time being.

What would happen if they teamed up with SCOTT WALKER and RUSH to write a song about DEVIN HESTER?

I don't even want to know.

What would happen if they teamed up with SCOTT WALKER and RUSH to write a song about DEVIN HESTER?

I don't even want to know.

I heard that they're going to use the instruments of Harry Partch for this song.

Back
Top Bottom