Killers new Xmas single: Happy Birthday Guadalupe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This song is awesome - it just dropped this morning... :drool:

Thoughts? Yay or nay?

YouTube - Happy Birthday Guadalupe

(kind of hilarious that the video stars Luke Perry. In college, my housemates and I used to play the "Beverly Hills 90210 Drinking Game," and one of the rules was to take a drink every time Dylan frowned thoughtfully off into the distance. Applying said rule to this video will render players drunk in about 30 seconds, lol)

There are things I like about it. It's got a fun, sort of throwaway vibe to it. But something just bugs me about Brandon Flowers' voice on certain tracks. I feel the song could work a lot better with a different vocalist/vocal delivery. It also might be a bit overproduced. There's a cool song in here somewhere, but it's hidden by a bunch of annoying shit.

it doesnt help that it starts off with the oft used "what did I see/looking back at me" couplet

But it did get me in the mood for some quality christmas music. Fairytale of Newyork time

Very much liking that! I thought the video actually added something positive to the song too. :up:

Hey, a decent Killers vid! Who'da thunk it?

Brandon sounds awful, but the song itself is very strong. Really digging it.

This is easily the weakest of their Christmas fare. I'm kind of bummed, I've been looking forward to their (inevitable) new Christmas song for about two weeks now lol.

Back
Top Bottom