Keane... Back in the Studio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard any of the leaks yet for this, and I can't wait to buy it. I hear it's very different, and that's a-ok with me.

I think the singer dude's voice is often very gorgeous. And he sounded great when I saw them open for U2 in '05, so points for being able to actually sing and not being pro-tooled to death.

I think Chris Martin's voice is fine until he goes into falsetto, and then it just annoys me.

Are you fucking kidding??? Are you saying his voice is worse? Tom Chaplain has a much better voice than Chris Martin! That's my objectively subjective opinion.

I thought you meant as a human being. Chris Martin ain't drug-fucked, Chappy is unfortunately.

I suppose technically Chappy is a better singer, I just prefer Martin's vocal.

Ohh you mean more fucked up as in druggie, lol. Funny/sad thing is Chaplain has got such a non-druggie face!

just out of curiousity...

would watching keane in the studio be quite literally the equivalent of watching paint dry?

just out of curiousity...

would watching keane in the studio be quite literally the equivalent of watching paint dry?

Watching most bands in the studio would be like watching paint dry, unless you're involved in production, or in the band or unless you're watching Oasis

"The Lovers Are Losing" videoclip is bizarre, but is obviously influenced by Travis' "Writing To Reach You"..

Wow, the new songs sound interesting :ohmy: I definitely need to listen to them again before I can say more. I like them, but I think I like the previous albums more. This one could be a grower, though.

I'm seeing mixed reviews for this album already and so not sure if I want to get it just yet. Besides, I just purchased the new Oasis record and finances are a bit tight at the moment. But I look forward to reading everyone's view on this album!

Will wait for a few weeks, I'm on a massive Travis and Oasis bender. There's no hurry for me to go out and buy it.

I just bought ti for $3 on Amazon's music store. I am quite impressed so far actuallly. It's not hard though after their sophomore slump.

Oh come on. That album is bad

I realize he had personal problems going on, but there's really only a couple good songs on it.

I completely disagree.

Atlantic
Is It Any Wonder?
Nothing In My Way
Leaving So Soon
A Bad Dream
Hamburg Song
Try Again

...are all 5 stars worthy in my opinion. The rest ain't that bad either.

I completely disagree.

Atlantic
Is It Any Wonder?
Nothing In My Way
Leaving So Soon
A Bad Dream
Hamburg Song
Try Again

...are all 5 stars worthy in my opinion. The rest ain't that bad either.

I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one who likes Under the iron sea! Ok, so it has got a couple of weak moments but it's a fantastic album. I think people were expecting SO (too) much after Hopes and fears that even if Keane had made the most amazing album ever, people would still have been disappointed. I have nothing but love for UTIS. I would also add Crystal Ball on the list of great songs, but on the other hand, it has a very special personal reason for me, so...:)

And the new album is a true grower. I really, really like it. I can't tell you how sad I am because I can't see Keane on tour because right now that would make my life perfect. :sad:

Crystal Ball is indeed beautiful! And it's got the album title in it. :) I would probably add it to the list too actually. :hmm: I'm still holding out on the new album but will probably buckle at some point. How is it in comparison to UTIS?

I can't pass from the first 10 seconds of Spiralling, really

I simply can't stand that plastic, godawful dated 80s sound. What a crap!:down:

A shame. I have the 2 first albums and they were great. I listened to this "new" 80s crap @ myspace (the whole album) and I didn't like it

Back
Top Bottom