Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is he starting a new streaming company on which it will be exclusively available? :hyper:

Seriously though, I can forgive all this guy's antics as part of the persona - he's a savvy guy who knows how to manipulate the media. No doubt about that. But this Tidal thing with Life of Pablo is just bullshit. It makes no sense at all, not in terms of marketing, not in terms of economics, not in terms of his image, nothing.

The second half of Famous and everything about Father Stretch My Hands Part 1 that isn't the bleached asshole lyric have emerged as some of my favorite moments on the album.

Because honestly, I have to listen to this album in terms of moments and individual pieces, kind of like I do with Odelay. The arrangements are too fluid to pick out favorite "songs," per se. Highlights is a fucking mess, but parts of it are incredible, especially the delicate use of piano.

The Ray J line is funny. The asshole line is just stupid and destroys the momentum of that gorgeous beat. Maybe I'd like it more in the context of a brainless banger like Facts. That song is full of stupid shit that I gloss over. COUCHES COUCHES COUCHES

Worst line of the album though is that fridge/sandwich analogy in Wolves. It's like a whoopee cushion at a funeral.

Last edited:
My favorite feature is actually The Weeknd's. He's an absolutely perfect fit for FML and his hook is A1.

Yeah The Weeknd's contribution on that track is so good. I also love Ty Dolla Sign on Real Friends, Frank Ocean on Wolves and all the collabs on Fade. That song isn't getting anywhere near enough love.

And fuck it, Three Stacks on 30 Hours too.

This album has the strongest guest spots of any Kanye album on the whole imo, part of the reason I'm beginning to feel this is one of his stronger records, the whole thing is really restless and intimate, sprawling and generous. Kanye at the top of his game as a curator and part of that is his willingness to let his collaborators continuously upstage him through this.

Another great moment I forgot to mention:

STEP UP IN THIS BITCH LIKE
I'M THE ONE YOUR BITCH LIKE
AND I BE TALKING SHIT LIKE
I AIN'T AFRAID TO LOSE A FIST FIGHT

*epic, towering synths*

That's classic, life-affirming Kanye.

So I'm seeing people on Twitter saying Kanye "accidentally revealed that he uses the Pirate Bay." I would think it more likely he is checking to see how many torrents of his album are active?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My thoughts too. But you know, logic escapes some people.

Well if he is $50 million in debt, I guess he can't afford to purchase music through appropriate channels.

plenty of people get their music programs/software (like FL Studio) from pirating sites (like Pirates Bay or Torrent). Even Avicii does that, so I guess Kanye using Pirate Bay doesn't surprise me.

So I'm seeing people on Twitter saying Kanye "accidentally revealed that he uses the Pirate Bay." I would think it more likely he is checking to see how many torrents of his album are active?

to call him a hypocrite, would be a compliment

The tab title was something like "The Pirate Bay Xfer" and the next tab over was "Xfer-" something, which is apparently the name of a piece of music production software. So he was definitely torrenting it. But who the fuck has the time, energy, or patience to give a shit?

to call him a hypocrite, would be a compliment

Oh, piss off. 2edgy4me

Back
Top Bottom