Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Random place to have a Dickens discussion, but yeah, one of the most affecting endings in literary history... even though this tangent started with the first line

...but seriously have you guys taken time to think about that concept???!! COMMERCIAL ART!!! It just came to me! That's what I make!

I was about to go 'wtf' to what u2popmofo just said, until I thought about the fact that Dickens was paid by the word... but he was a damn fine storyteller.

I've always thought that somebody needs to make a really dark, gritty and violent (and good, of course) modern film adaptation of that book.

I might just have to be the one to do it.

At the very least there needs to be a good, big budget straight adaptation of it, the old one from the 40's (I think) was OK, but think about an adaptation on the scale of Gangs of New York.

At the very least there needs to be a good, big budget straight adaptation of it, the old one from the 40's (I think) was OK, but think about an adaptation on the scale of Gangs of New York.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. I was thinking somthing similar to Gangs.

But even fucking darker.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. I was thinking somthing similar to Gangs.

But even fucking darker.

Oh, OK, when I saw the word modern I thought you were suggesting like a new interpretation of it in hard modern times. Which would be weird to say the least.

I want to bring the Runaway film to Broadway! I can see it. I can feel it. Sometimes I can't sleep cause my thoughts are racing!!!

Oh, OK, when I saw the word modern I thought you were suggesting like a new interpretation of it in hard modern times. Which would be weird to say the least.

No, no, my bad. I just meant somebody needs to do it, in this era, with all the updated film technology we have and what not. But definitely a very faithful adaptation.

The casting of Lucie Manette is going to be of the utmost importance.

No, no, my bad. I just meant somebody needs to do it, in this era, with all the updated film technology we have and what not. But definitely a very faithful adaptation.

The casting of Lucie Manette is going to be of the utmost importance.

Not gonna lie, if there was one 19th century novel I'd want to adapt to film, it'd be A Tale of Two Cities.

i'm looking forward to this. i don't know his albums but i've liked the singles.

i just really want to punch him in the face though, for a number reasons. (#1 not being the "OF ALL TIME" thing)

RaAhBBk4Tjk9uc74TkOx0pmoo1_500.jpg

iPad must have auto-corrected that into a real word, believe me I know what it is, that's far and away my favorite Simpsons episode.

It's fucking good. Very heavy, both in beats and subject matter. If anyone thought he was about to release a crossover album, they were wrong. Also, autotune is used tastefully; it's definitely not a crutch.

EDIT: The drums during Nicki Minaj's verse in Monster might be the coolest thing...of all time.

Back
Top Bottom