Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I'll have the title changed later. I just didn't want to hijack RMT with this.

This new song is being premiered on the side of 66 buildings tonight:

Kanye West - New Slaves - YouTube

Presumably, new material will be performed on SNL tomorrow night as well, so there's actually a lot to discuss in the coming days, even if we only have this and the Adult Swim performance for now.

This album is definitely coming out June 18.

I'll be much more excited when we have music that isn't horrible phone videos, but I can't wait, and everything about this is classic Kanye. Love him.

Fuck yeah it is. Can't pick out much about the production yet, which is Kanye's forte really, but it seems spare and interesting. Man I'm excited for SNL (possibly the only time I've ever written that on this board).

Since this is going to be the general Kanye discussion thread for the time being, I've got to say that the Power/All of the Lights/Monster trio is a threesome for the ears and my favorite run of the decade so far. I'm trying to read while listening to MBDTF but I can't because I've got to stop and dance like an idiot for 17 or so minutes.

Holy shit Nicki's rapping

Fuck you and your Hampton house
I'll fuck your Hampton spouse
Came on her Hampton blouse
and in her Hampton mouth

:lol:

Heard some people say the new stuff has an 808s, which if so, AWESOME. Looking forward to new tunes on SNL, I think it's cool that we'll all get to hear it so close to the album dropping instead of dropping singles months in advance.

Well over a decade, yeah.

And it's a somewhat common thing these days, for groups of fanboys and fangirls to stylize their favorite artists' names in that way.

I've seen people (on the Internet) call Kanye "Yeezus" before.

I've seen Beyonce fans call her Besus, etc., etc. No joke.

tumblr_ljmhfw0CV61qz9qooo1_r1_500.jpg

Liked the murky synths and banging rattliness of Black Skinhead, and he really was amped up.

I liked the second song quite a bit, first was sorta lame live. Maybe it will be better as a studio track.

This is going to be a really strange and polarizing record, I think, but you certainly can't accuse him of settling down and making safe music.

Man, Kanye sound PISSED. I've heard the new album has a NIN influence, tho that first song (Black Skinhead I guess) sounded more like The Beautiful People than anything else. Really looking forward to hearing studio versions and the album itself, especially if the whole thing is this aggro.

Back
Top Bottom