Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kendrick was awesome. Really great crowd response, one of the best I've seen for an opener. The sound quality is awful, mostly bass and little else, but I'm gonna know every note and lyric played tonight so I'll be fine.

Holy shit, the last 10 or so songs are absolutely masterful. Best "encore" ever. We also got Homecoming, which had a terrific crowd response. I'm not sure whether or not it was played last night too.

Kanye ranted about allowing Michael Jordan to go to the Wizards as part of a 20 minute version of Runaway that blew me away.

Had you seen him before? The Runaway rants are awesome.

His is pretty much the only gig I've never done a 14-page appraisal of. There was just too much to talk about :lol:

No, this was the first time I've seen him. I had seen quite a bit of tour footage prior to going (my show got delayed, so I needed something to tide me over) but there were plenty of surprises. This is an extremely well choreographed show and the light show is excellent in spots.

I knew Black Skinhead and Blood on the Leaves were going to be great live, but Hold My Liquor really took me by surprise. The guitar solo sounds awesome and is played by the guitarist in a small band placed off to the side.

Hopefully he decides to play shows through to April. I got a quote for return flights from LAX for $1900 today, which is heaps cheaper than I thought. Only one piece of the puzzle left.

1511357_10202611593511522_1752676547_n.jpg

I wish I had sprung for GA.

I didn't really give a shit that we got the X Games until it was announced today that Kanye and the Lips are playing. Gonna have to cop a ticket now.

Latest set :ohmy:

I’m Not Home
On Sight
New Slaves
Send It Up
Mercy
Power
Cold
I Don’t Like
Clique
Black Skinhead
I Am a God
Can’t Tell Me Nothing
Coldest Winter
Hold My Liquor
I’m In It
Guilt Trip
Heartless
Blood on the Leaves
Lost in the World
Runaway
Stronger
Through the Wire
Jesus Walks
All Falls Down
Homecoming
Golddigger
Run This Town
American Boy
Spaceship
Get ‘Em High
The New Workout Plan
Heard ‘Em Say
Dark Fantasy
Niggas In Paris
Touch The Sky
Can’t Tell Me Nothing
Flashing Lights
All of The Lights
Good Life

Although it's missing Bound 2, so :down:

Spaceship! Fuck the setlists we got last leg.

According to KTT, a bunch of those were just one verse, which is lame, but still!!

Last edited:
The poster that was spotted in Melbourne says April-May, desperately hoping it's like Brisbane, Sydney dates in late May and then Melbourne on like May 2

Hot damn, the encores of these past few shows. I was elated to hear any pre-Twisted Fantasy material at my gig.

I figure it's unlikely he'll come by here, so looks like I've well and truly gotta save up for another road trip.

I don't know... April-May. I'm thinking it will be Brisbane-Sydney-Melbourne-Adelaide-Perth. I decided yesterday that I will fly interstate to see it if I miss the Melbourne show.

Looks like you're in luck cobs:

Friday May 2 – Perth Arena
Sunday May 4 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tuesday May 6 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Friday May 9 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
Saturday May 10 – Qantas Credit Union Area, Sydney

Back
Top Bottom