Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infuriating how many people think this is real.

Kanye West: ‘I Am The Next Nelson Mandela’ - The Daily Currant

I admit, when I saw the headline, I did for a second think it might be real, because he has said some pretty outrageous things recently... but I've always been able to see where he's coming from. Having watched most of his long interviews lately there is no way he'd say something like "I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever." But then I saw that it was the Daily Currant. But I've seen so many people share it and go on a rant about him.

He has said worse and will again

Dlisted | Kanye West Compares Himself To The Main Character In ’12 Years A Slave’ (I CAN’T)

Knowing Kanye West as he is, this could perfectly be real.

No it couldn't. If you've paid attention to his interviews, he isn't that egotistical. When he says "I Am a God" he's saying it because he wants people to listen to him, and they won't if he says "I Am a Playa". He wants to be the next Steve Jobs. But whenever he talks about Steve Jobs, he talks about him as if he is a godlike figure. So I could almost see him saying something like "I'm the next Nelson Mandela" but he certainly wouldn't follow it up with the quotes that are in the Daily Currant article. He'd spend five minutes extolling the virtues of all the good Mandela did, and how he hopes to have a similarly positive impact on the world by making music that makes people feel good, by building churches, by getting young black designers on the world stage, whatever.

Now just excuse me while I take my Kanye-Stronger-tinted glasses off...

I just think it's easy (for me anyway) to understand why we see all these angry rants when everything he says results in 10,000 music blogs writing headlines that only serve as clickbait. Imagine if you started talking about something you're passionate about and then you jump on the internet the next day and see 10,000 links and 100,000 tweets quoting one line out of context?

"I fucking opened up a mountain and brought a fucking Catholic procession through it."

Holy shit.

Through some amateur detective work, I managed to find this: http://instagram.com/p/hsLfpSEAHg/

Turns out this repulsive chola was yelling at him to remove the mask(s) and that's why he kicked her out. I was like ten yards to the right so I didn't hear her bullshit. The floors was filled with some real pieces of work. How are you gonna spend over $100 on a ticket to just talk about your garbage Mexican food, heckle the artist, or play with your phone?

Anyfart, it was amazing.

Through some amateur detective work, I managed to find this: http://instagram.com/p/hsLfpSEAHg/ Turns out this repulsive chola was yelling at him to remove the mask(s) and that's why he kicked her out. I was like ten yards to the right so I didn't hear her bullshit. The floors was filled with some real pieces of work. How are you gonna spend over $100 on a ticket to just talk about your garbage Mexican food, heckle the artist, or play with your phone? Anyfart, it was amazing.

Great scoop.

Damn when Through the Wire came on people went insane.

Looks like I'm seeing Kanye and Kendrick tomorrow night, on a whim. Mostly for Kendrick--I can't lie.

Shit didn't even mention K Dot. Last night was my favorite of the three times I've seen him this year, not coincidentally as it was the first with an actual band. He was great.

All live hip-hop is infinitely better when there's a full band involved. That Yeezy remains the best hip-hop show I've seen, even without a band, speaks volumes about the man's talent. Even topped Big Boi with a full band (and a set that included SpottieOttie with live horns).

K Dot had such control over the stage. Last I saw him was at an outdoor show and it felt like he didn't know what to do.

Kendrick killed it. Kanye, this very moment, is ranting about the Grammys. "FUCK THOSE NOMINATIONS!"

"I came here, I open up a mountain...and you tryin' to tell me how to give you my art."

I opened up a MOUNTAIN!

Got into a humdinger of a FB argument. Dude said it's a disgrace that people keep excusing Kanye West's delusional comments if someone thinks he makes good music. "Spose we shouldn't care about what the lost prophets singer does, as long as you find his music enjoyable."

:up:

Ok well that's kindof a silly thing to say given that the criminal in question has been absolutely and rightly vilified and noone is giving him a free pass, period.

Look Kanye can say whatever he wants and I'll readily admit that he makes brilliant music, but people (not necessarily you) need to relax with the 'everything that comes out of Kanyes mouth is pearls of knowledge and wisdom' and be realistic when much of what he says outside of his music is in fact delusional, ridiculous, and alot of times just plain stupid.

I mean, some people give Kanye more of a pass than Bono. Really?? Lol

I think many people just find him incredibly entertaining. And as long as he doesn't hurt anyone in particular, he can keep on saying ridiculous stuff.

Comparing him to an actual criminal is plain stupid.

I found myself surprisingly impressed by some of the things he said at the show. There were also a few wtf moments, but for the most part, he sounded sane to me.

Back
Top Bottom