Kanye West discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kanye-west-black-skinhead-video.jpg

Man, I got to the end but Kanye hit his head on Kim's arse. Was that meant to be the joke? Was there a joke? Surprsingly playable, nonetheless. 9.7/10

Great to see that Newgrounds hasn't changed in the half-decade+ since I last visited it, right down to the leet speak (an involuntary shudder just befell me).

NEWGROUNDS, WHERE IT'S 2002 EVERY DAY

Man, I got to the end but Kanye hit his head on Kim's arse. Was that meant to be the joke? Was there a joke? Surprsingly playable, nonetheless. 9.7/10

I interpret it as being like one of those adult games where you get to see animated tits bounce around for a couple of seconds at the end. In this case, you get to run head first into an ass. It's anticlimactic, but I'm not going to question what people are into.

Great to see that Newgrounds hasn't changed in the half-decade+ since I last visited it, right down to the leet speak (an involuntary shudder just befell me).

NEWGROUNDS, WHERE IT'S 2002 EVERY DAY

I loved Newgrounds so much. I still go back every now and again, but I think the site's passed me a little.

If Cobbler flew over here, Kanye would probably go out partying with him.

Kanye would use the video screen for batting practice if Peef bought tickets.

Kanye West defies critics and wears controversial Confederate Flag jacket to boxing class | Mail Online

Jesus christ this guy is such a fucking idiot sometimes. I love his music but there really is something wrong with his head.

Why is this so bad? He's hardly the first person to "reclaim" something that's been used against people in a negative way. What about all the women who posted pictures holding signs with the words their rapists said to them?

Also I'm interested to know... what's your take on how Kanye plays All of the Lights on tour? I'm not sure if he's still doing it on this one but when I saw him last year he kept stopping the song after "MJ gone / our nigga dead" because he wanted the predominately white crowd to scream the "our nigga dead" line as loud as possible.

Why is this so bad? He's hardly the first person to "reclaim" something that's been used against people in a negative way. What about all the women who posted pictures holding signs with the words their rapists said to them?

Also I'm interested to know... what's your take on how Kanye plays All of the Lights on tour? I'm not sure if he's still doing it on this one but when I saw him last year he kept stopping the song after "MJ gone / our nigga dead" because he wanted the predominately white crowd to scream the "our nigga dead" line as loud as possible.

I think it's a load of bullshit, and cringe at stupid white people who do this, even if that includes you too. I also think he has serious mental issues.

Sorry, you asked

I most certainly joined in. We've had a similar discussion before, and can't agree, so I'll drop it.

What about the confederate jacket? And what are the "serious mental issues"? To me he just seems to be an obsessive and an extreme narcissist. I can think of many more serious mental issues.

I most certainly joined in. We've had a similar discussion before, and can't agree, so I'll drop it.

What about the confederate jacket? And what are the "serious mental issues"? To me he just seems to be an obsessive and an extreme narcissist. I can think of many more serious mental issues.

What about it? I'm hardly the only person who isn't amused that he's wearing it and using similar imagery in his tour merchandise.

What's the point here exactly? You don't get it? Ok great. Like you said, you were dropping it.

That's totally understandable, and I understand the history and why it would rile people up, but as I said he's not the first person to "reclaim" something negative, and that's what he's quoted as saying in the DM article. It and the merch fit in with some of the album's themes too - Black Skinhead, New Slaves.

I was dropping the "white people singing the word nigga" argument.

Ok man. I don't think I came in with an attacking or sarcastic or baiting tone, I just like having discussions, and am always open I changing my opinion.

I'm hardly the only person who isn't amused that he's wearing it and using similar imagery in his tour merchandise.

That's not much of an argument for Kanye having "serious mental issues."

Kanye does have some loose screws and I see both sides of the argument on this, but I won't be buying tour merchandise because a) I'm broke and b) I don't want to look like I just came back from a Guns N Roses gig.

Your argument seems to be that because of a publicity stunt, he's clearly messed up in the head.

Lady Gaga, on the other hand, is apparently a friggin' genius when she pulls shit like this.

Your argument seems to be that because of a publicity stunt, he's clearly messed up in the head.

:lol: Right. One publicity stunt. :rolleyes: Ftr, I've pretty much said that he has some serious issues from day one, my interest in/like of alot of his music notwithstanding.

Lady Gaga, on the other hand, is apparently a friggin' genius when she pulls shit like this.

I'm guessing you have the linkback handy where I state this?

She was speaking generally. I would honestly like to hear your opinion on my questions, why you find the Confederate thing so offensive, why you think he has "serious mental issues" (and what they are). Not attacking you at all.

Back
Top Bottom