Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 20/20 Experience World Tour kicked off in Brooklyn last night. The setlist, which even included a short intermission:

Pusher Love Girl
Gimme What I Don't Know (I Want) - Teaser
Rock Your Body
Don't Hold The Wall
FutureSex/LoveSound
Like I Love You
My Love
TKO
Strawberry Bubblegum
Summer Love
LoveStoned
Until the End of Time
Holy Grail - Teaser
Cry Me a River
(Intermission)
Only When I Walk Away
True Blood
Drink You Away
Tunnel Vision
Senorita
Let the Groove Get In
That Girl
Heartbreak Hotel (Elvis Presley cover)
Not A Bad Thing
Human Nature (Michael Jackson cover)
What Goes Around...Comes Around
Cabaret

Encore:
Take Back the Night
Murder
Poison (Bell Biv DeVoe cover)
Suit & Tie
Sexy Back
Mirrors

Justin Timberlake Concert Setlist at Barclays Center, Brooklyn on November 6, 2013 | setlist.fm

Holy shit. Saw JT last night.

HOLY SHIT!

Freaking amazing.

Cry Me a River and Mirrors were just about the greatest things ever.

:bow:

It was actually one of my favorite concerts I've ever seen. I just couldn't stop smiling the whole night. It was also one of the best audiences I've ever experienced. JT said it was the best audience of the tour so far but he might say that to everyone. The response was extraordinary, though. I had to put my hands over my ears because of how loud the applause was (and I was already wearing earplugs!).

Just popping in here to say that while I agree with the consensus that 20/20 v.2 doesn't have nearly as many highlights as v.1, I really, really love Not A Bad Thing. Sure, a little cheesy, but what an infectious pop melody.

Why wasn't this a single?

Saw him tonight. What a fucking great show. I hate stadium gigs with a passion, but it was still really fucking good. He played for two-and-a-half hours, which was amazing, and I forgot just how many hits he has had. The setup is amazing and genuinely great to look at, especially when the stage descends forward in the second half of the show and JT and his back up singers are prancing around all over it. Full band, so the songs sounded amazing. Highlights for me were Let the Groove Get in (prob my fav JT song) and Mirrors, but yeah, just a seriously great show all-round.

Anyone else seen him?

It was really good. I was at the first Melbourne gig. The sound in "arena mode" was shocking though but out position was a fair bit to the right hand side. I'd advised mates attending the following night to try and get more central in case it sounded better.

I thought the first half of the show was underwhelming (especially the opening to Lovestoned - a song I adore) given the hype, but the second half was pretty special, especially with that moving stage arrangement. Thought he was gonna fall into the crowd at one point. Tunnel Vision, Not A Bad Thing, Sexyback and the song about drinking alcohol were really quite memorable.

Timberlake's a talent... and a Hawthorn supporter apparently.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Irony, apparently, is dead.

A few years ago, he was doing an impersonation of Bon Iver of SNL... now he's making his own Bon Iver album :lol:

Still hyped tho

Let's hope it's as good as part 1 of the 20/20 experience. Part 2 didn't do much for me.

That review is scathing, looool.

It’s a really shit album, so deserving of that review.

It’s just such a shame because I LOVED 20/20 part one. That’s a 9/10 record if you ask me.

I enjoyed both 20/20 albums (though I did prefer the first), so perhaps I'll be more partial to this.

Still cautious and afraid to actually hear it.

First reaction is that the album is a mixed bag and is too long. Some good songs, but a lot didnt leave a strong impression. That must be why this feels long while 20/20 was longer yet didn't feel like it went forever.

It's not a 3.8, but it's no 20/20 or FutureSex/LoveSounds.

Last edited:
Saw a tweet describing it as "R&B version of dad rock."

I'm going to listen to it, but my expectations are super low.

First reaction is that the album is a mixed bag and is too long. Some good songs, but a lot didnt leave a strong impression. That must be why this feels long while 20/20 was longer yet didn't feel like it went forever.

It's not a 3.8, but it's no 20/20 or FutureSex/LoveSounds.

How I feel as well. “Wave” is an early standout, but that’s not saying much.

Prince family or estate posted on Twitter said they hadn't approved it, it also it wasn't true. Hope that's the case.

Want to see him in concert, that was a good halftime show. And it didn’t look like a hologram to me.

Back
Top Bottom