Jackson Browne. You (pl) dig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
'Cos I dig.

So much so that Running on Empty cracked my 50 albums list.

Just wondering if there's any other fans out there, I think he's superb. Haven't heard much, but I'd like to chat about him.

Favourite song is, no surprises, The Load-Out/Stay. The Load-Out's the perfect build up and sounds magnificent, a real classic, and then you've got Stay, which is timeless. Really loved it since it was played at a family friend's funeral. Just sounds superb.

We'll be scheduled to appear
A thousand miles away from here...people stay...

Now the union don't mind
And the roadies don't mind
If we take a little time and sing
One more song

Oh I love Jackson Browne! And Running on Empty -- what a great album. I haven't heard it in years, but I bought it shortly after it came out and played it to death during my high school years. I just took a spin through some of his songs on YouTube. A nice little musical trip.

"Doctor My Eyes" and "The Pretender" are also excellent.

And I have to say, from the recent photos I've seen he has aged very well (I always thought he was adorable :) ).

When I was in college, I worked at my hometown newspaper during summers and other breaks from school. One of the reporters was this aging hippie who got me into all kinds of great music. Jackson Browne was one of the artists I got into the most.

I've always loved "These Days." There's a terrific live version of it on last.fm, but it's not the one from the greatest hits CD like it says it is, so I have no idea where it's from.

"The Load Out" is really beautiful, but I always wished it were a separate track from "Stay," since that's never been a song I've really liked.

The only songs I really love of his are Doctor My Eyes and Late For the Sky, which is just gorgeous.

I saw him on the Running on Empty tour. :reject:

It was one of the first concerts I ever saw so it was exciting. I loved his early stuff. Late for the Sky was a favorite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom