It's Official...Robert Plant says no...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
Robert Plant says no to Led Zep tour and recording.

well, I know the rumors have flying around again about Led Zep touring next year. However, it's not gonna happen according to Percy and the official statement coming from him on his website.

Robert Plant – Official Statement
29th September 2008
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to
rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

this doesn't surprise me considering he has been basically against doing this for years. Just one off stuff on occasion and that's it. It would of been awesome tho! Led Zep and U2...oy vey...:ohmy:

And if they try and find someone else to fill in I won't be going..

Jaysus, having seen this on the front of the forum page I thought it was news about...you know!

sure it was said Led Zep were doing a one-off.

but get this, for all Led Zep fans, did you hear that Spice Girls won the award for best comeback? (or like they achieved higher sales records/voted/popularity, etc along those lines)

so they beat Zep. that kinda surprised me.

well, I know the rumors have flying around again about Led Zep touring next year. However, it's not gonna happen according to Percy and the official statement coming from him on his website.

this doesn't surprise me considering he has been basically against doing this for years. Just one off stuff on occasion and that's it. It would of been awesome tho! Led Zep and U2...oy vey...:ohmy:

And if they try and find someone else to fill in I won't be going..

Robert can be such an arrogant prick at times.......

That Alison Krauss thing was just awful, real sleepy time stuff. Rearranger was great, but rearrangering Levee like that was just sacrilege

Why is he arrogant or a prick for not wanting to tour? The reunion show was great, but he has NEVER seemed like the kind of guy who would want to coast on old glories.

More power to him.

And the album with Alison Krauss was great. Not some kind of rock classic, but for its type of music very well done.

Why is he arrogant or a prick for not wanting to tour? The reunion show was great, but he has NEVER seemed like the kind of guy who would want to coast on old glories.

More power to him.

And the album with Alison Krauss was great. Not some kind of rock classic, but for its type of music very well done.

regardless of touring IMO he comes across as kinda like a jerk.. But that's just Percy.. As fans I guess we are being selfish in wanting this for so many years.. :shrug:

I think the album with alison krauss was very cool. Missed out on seeing them in my area. Did catch a Crossroads thing on tv a while back that was pretty cool...

Oh geez, I'm not convinced that it's 'over and done' with just yet. I think that minds might change and the Plant might be adding to the 'mystery' that surrounds Zep.

Then again, like Disco says, he has never wanted to coast on his credentials...and his devotion to John Bonham is pretty unwavering (even if it is his son replacing him)...time will tell...:shrug:

I would much rather Robert continue working on his own rather than potentially sully Zeppelin's legacy. He has been on an incredible winning streak as of late - Dreamland, Mighty Rearranger, and Raising Sand are all stunning albums. For me, Raising Sand was topped only by In Rainbows in terms of 2007 albums.

More power to him.

Yeah, wouldn't you want to work on your own music while you still have the passion and energy? It seems like he is on a great run. Why stop now and look backwards? :up:

after their one concert i think its clear they need to go back on tour i mean look how many people tried to get tickets. i think robert plant should just suck it up and reunite.

Back
Top Bottom