Is "In Rainbows" underrated??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caleb8844

War Child
I really don't think this album gets the respect it deserves. In my opinion, it's Radiohead's second best effort. I rank it just slightly below "Ok Computer". Not a weak song on it! Does anyone agree?

Well, I think that it is not only their strongest album, but the single best album of the 2000s. The critical consensus was also overwhelmingly positive in terms of both content and distribution method. I would say that it gets the respect that it deserves, but I also suspect that there will be posts claiming that it is overrated.

Overrated. But then again I tend to think this for every Radiohead album except for The Bends (their best) and Pablo Honey (who cares).

Although it DID get good reviews, the reason I'm saying it's underrated is because imo, it gives Ok Computer a run for it's money as "best radiohead album created"

Oh and by the way, am I the only one who doesnt get the worship that Kid A is given?...it's an alright album but i dont understand the mad love it constantly gets..

Oh and by the way, am I the only one who doesnt get the worship that Kid A is given?...it's an alright album but i dont understand the mad love it constantly gets..

Yeah, I have the same opinion. It's good, but not BEST MOST ALBUM EVAR.

Yeah, I have the same opinion. It's good, but not BEST MOST ALBUM EVAR.

Yeah, that's one that I really do think people were all just like "OMGZ ITS RADIOHEAD DOING WEIRD MUSIC WITH LYRICS I CANT UNDERSTAND SO IT MUST BE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST SET TO MUSIC"

Caleb8844 said:
Yeah, that's one that I really do think people were all just like "OMGZ ITS RADIOHEAD DOING WEIRD MUSIC WITH LYRICS I CANT UNDERSTAND SO IT MUST BE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST SET TO MUSIC"

No one around here says that, but it's a very good album.

In my opinion, it's Radiohead's second best effort. I rank it just slightly below "Ok Computer". Not a weak song on it! Does anyone agree?

This is all completely true. The problem is your first line and, by extension, the purpose of this thread. IMO, there is no such thing as an underrated Radiohead album, and I say that while adoring most of them. It's convenient that I do love the band as much as I do, or I would probably consider their fans as insufferable as everyone else does.

ehhhh one person the other day said kid a was just grabage noise

"One person the other day" must be an old user; nobody is allowed to have a name that long anymore. Narrows it down a little. :hmm:

It's tied with OK Computer as my second favourite Radiohead album after... Kid A.
It's not underrated at all. In the end-of-the-decade lists it was one of the highest ranked albums. House Of Cards drags it down imo.

It's my favorite Radiohead album, but I don't have the level of lurve for them like others do.

i like it, but don't love it like the 4 albums that came before it. i do respect it as a whole album though.

I'm bored so I'm going to rank the songs.

Excellente/Top notch:
1. All I Need
2. Reckoner

Good/Great:
3. 15 Step
4. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
5. House of Cards

Okay/Decent:
6. Nude
7. Bodysnatchers
8. Videotape

Crud:
9. Faust Arp
10. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Come at me, Radiohead fans.

1. Jigsaw Falling into Place
2. Weird Fishes
3. Reckoner
4. Videotape
5. All I Need
6. 15 Step
7. Nude
8. Bodysnatchers
9. House of Cards
10. Faust Arp

Aren't you out at the moment Peef Jerky?

Weird Fishes
~
All I Need
Reckoner
~
15 Step
Nude
Videotape
Bodysnatchers
House of Cards
Faust Arp
~
Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Weird Fishes'd be top five all time. Jigsaw's the only one I'm not in love with.

Back
Top Bottom