Interference's Top 100 Albums of All Time - Sign Up And Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excel spreadsheet. That's how I organize music.

Then again, I only have ... (checks spreadsheet) ... 132 albums, so there's that.

Same here. And it still works with... (checks spreadsheet) ...about 775 albums. :)
This weekend I'm going to go through that spreadsheet and make a shortlist. And then go for the difficult job of making it a list of 50 albums. In order. :crack:

Although I first thought that specifically enumerating 50 albums would be nearly impossible, I found it helpful to arrange my choices into 5 general tiers of 10, then rank the albums within those tiers. I would recommend that method to anyone struggling with the task of ranking them.

i've made a spreadsheet of all my physical cds and singles as well, but i've yet to get around to going through stuff i bought off itunes or...other ways :shifty: i probably should get around to finishing it.

I have an Excel spreadsheet where I list the CDs I own as well as all the songs that are on those CDs. Two different tabs in the spreadsheet.

I really need to be able to use the "find" function if I need to know if I have any songs that have "watermelon" in the title.

I mean, it's important stuff, guys.

Oh, and I have 1,116 CDs.

I'm in. I'd like to personally thank LM for doing this during the semester when I'm in the process of transferring colleges, so I have some extra time. If had to worry about work and school, I wouldn't be able to do it.:lol: I would also like everyone to know that if you make fun of my list, I'll punch you in the ovaries, Ron Burgundy style. You dig?

I'm in. I'd like to personally thank LM for doing this during the semester when I'm in the process of transferring colleges, so I have some extra time. If had to worry about work and school, I wouldn't be able to do it.:lol: I would also like everyone to know that if you make fun of my list, I'll punch you in the ovaries, Ron Burgundy style. You dig?

Your list sucks.

Revolver > All of them :wink:

Does Magical Mystery Tour qualify, because if you wanna buy that now, it has to be as an album proper.....even if it was originally just an EP?

I don't have the money, but yes, that was always on my list, along with Rubber Soul. I'm not touching any of the earlier crap, there's only a few earlier than Rubber Soul songs I like, and I can't stand their early love songs.

The Flaming Lips need to make it on here... it just has to happen.

I quite liked Yoshimi, to my pleasant surprise, it'll be in my 50.

Diversity, correct me if I'm wrong, is really an old, old wooden ship from the Civil War era.

:lol:

I don't have the money, but yes, that was always on my list, along with Rubber Soul. I'm not touching any of the earlier crap, there's only a few earlier than Rubber Soul songs I like, and I can't stand their early love songs.

Oh man. I really enjoy Please Please Me, With The Beatles, Hard Day's Night and Help! Not so much Beatles For Sale though. It's okay.

I just hate songs like All My Loving, Eight Days a Week... any song whose main theme is "I love this girl so much there's not enough days in the week for me to love her" doesn't sit well. I don't like that whole genre, whatever it's called. Stones kinda did it, even The Who did it (Kids are Alright...) :sick:

lol. All My Loving is probably my favorite song of their early years. It's so damn fun to sing along to!

Love early Beatles.....

Please Please Me, From Me To You, She Loves You, I Want To Hold Your Hand are amongst their best tunes.....and There's A Place, In Spite Of All The Danger and Every Little Thing are just amazing. Really feel good stuff, and the Lennon-McCartney harmonies during this era were :drool:

I don't like that whole genre, whatever it's called.

Er ... pop music, perhaps?

I love early Beatles stuff. When I first got into the Beatles, I was into the later stuff, but I really grew to appreciate the early stuff. It's absolutely perfect pop music, augmented with the occasional little twists, like ending on a 7th chord in "She Loves You" or opening with that dischordant sound in "A Hard Day's Night."

Quality stuff, that. :up:

I know one album that might go on my list that probably won't go on any of yours - RHCP's 'Californication'. Great record. :rockon: :drool:

Just a little prediction of how this tournament will turn out:

(11. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication)
10. REM - Automatic For The People
9. Duffy
8. M83 - Saturdays=Youth
7. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
6. Beatles - Rubber Soul
5. Mariah Carey - Music Box (Zoots sends in 15 entries.)
4. Pink Floyd - Animals
3. Beatles - Revolver
2. The Clash - London Calling
1. Radiohead - Kid A/The Bends/OK Computer/Amnesiac/In Rainbows/Pablo Honey/Hail To The Thief

Technically, a Sigur Ros album will actually come first, but everybody will spell it differently so the votes are separated.

Back
Top Bottom