If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudbugfish

Babyface
If you could bring a dead rock star back to life for one gig, who would it be?

John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, Buddy Holly, Freddie Mercury? Or someone else?

This Day in Music are carrying out a world-wide survey to see which dead rock stars people would want to see again - for one night only!

Who would you pick? You can see a full list and vote on
This day in Music

I know! Now never mind me, pick a dead rock star! I'm having Jimi Hendrix. He was dead before I got into him, but seeing him on DVD he was the man.

Since John Lennon is likely to be picked by just about everyone, I'm going to go for a non-rock star and say Nick Drake.

I voted Hutchence. There's many on that list that I would have voted for, but personally, in September 1997 I passed on seeing INXS in concert in a club and a couple of months later he was dead. I've been kicking myself ever since. :sad:

Dead rock stars?

RichardNixonFarewell.jpg

I wouldn't pick Lennon, because I believe had he lived, he'd have soon become a watered down version of himself, pumping out middle-of-the-road pop records.

Although if it meant seeing a Lennon/McCartney reunion or collaboration? :hmm:

Okay, I'll pick Lennon then.

I wouldn't pick Lennon, because I believe had he lived, he'd have soon become a watered down version of himself, pumping out middle-of-the-road pop records.

I agree so I go with Buckley or Cobain.

Buckley was really just hitting his stride and Cobain I think would have gone off a completely different path musically if he found a way to deal... rumor has it he and Michael Stipe were writing some tunes together right before his death.

are we going if they were alive today? or back in their prime? cause if its in their prime it would be John Lennon, Jim Morrison, George Harrison, Frank Zappa, Sid vicious ( for entertainment) Joe Stummer. Vincent Price ( I know he's an actor but he actually lent his voice on an Alice cooper record and Thriller, I just threw him in there cause he's my favorite actor).

Hendrix is really the only legit answer here. Many of the others were already past their prime. Jimi was a revolutionary who died pretty young, and clearly had a LOT more music in his future.

Janis Joplin, Michael Hutchence & Freddy Mercury

(I know you said 'a dead rock star' - as in, singular - but this since this is a fantasy anyway, I decided to choose 3. :D )

Back
Top Bottom