If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hendrix is really the only legit answer here. Many of the others were already past their prime. Jimi was a revolutionary who died pretty young, and clearly had a LOT more music in his future.

False.

Hendrix is not at all legit for me, because I'm simply not a fan. I don't want to hear him play again, not on my Ipod, and not in person. And if that makes me a musical philistine, so be it. He just does not do it for me, no matter how talented he might have been.

What I'd enjoy would be to hear Zeppelin play again, with John Bonham, who died while I was a kid. I love Zeppelin, I do not love Hendrix, so, of course Hendrix would be a ludicrous reply for me.

Also, by your criteria, Jeff Buckley is a legit answer. A lot of people loved his debut album, and who the hell knows what his future held.

I wouldn't mind picking Buckley, because even though I'm very vocal about how I feel he became overrated in death, he was insanely talented and I would have loved to see him grow as an artist.

False.

Hendrix is not at all legit for me, because I'm simply not a fan. I don't want to hear him play again, not on my Ipod, and not in person. And if that makes me a musical philistine, so be it. He just does not do it for me, no matter how talented he might have been.

What I'd enjoy would be to hear Zeppelin play again, with John Bonham, who died while I was a kid. I love Zeppelin, I do not love Hendrix, so, of course Hendrix would be a ludicrous reply for me.

Also, by your criteria, Jeff Buckley is a legit answer. A lot of people loved his debut album, and who the hell knows what his future held.

I'm not a huge Hendrix fan either. But the guy had more natural talent than most people who have ever picked up a guitar, and as I said, was really just getting started.

I love John Bonham, but the thought of Zeppelin continuing through the 80's (like the Stones) and sucking royally (All My Love, e.g.) makes me think his passing was a blessing in disguise.

Not sure how you could be a Jew AND a Philistine, but if there is a way, yeah, you found it.

I wouldn't pick Lennon, because I believe had he lived, he'd have soon become a watered down version of himself, pumping out middle-of-the-road pop records.

Although if it meant seeing a Lennon/McCartney reunion or collaboration? :hmm:

Okay, I'll pick Lennon then.

Same here.

If that "one gig" doesn't mean a reunion or a collaboration, I'd vote for Elvis.

He's not on the list, but since there is an "other" choice...

Grant McLennan, so a certain someone would be able to say a proper goodbye and wouldn't have to always remember that the last time they talked he brushed Grant off because he had other things to do that day.

Regret is a bitch to live with.

Ok I know im going to get so much bad stuff for this but I'd have two people to choose from it would be John Bohnam or Freddie Mercury.

I will have to go for Freddie is because he WAS Queen. He was the frontman that made them Queen.

Yes, John Bohman is an amazing drummer, but he was not Led Zeppelin. They all 4 made Zeppelin, well Zeppelin. But when I think of LZ, the first person I think of is Page, then Plant.

I'm not a huge Hendrix fan either. But the guy had more natural talent than most people who have ever picked up a guitar, and as I said, was really just getting started.

I love John Bonham, but the thought of Zeppelin continuing through the 80's (like the Stones) and sucking royally (All My Love, e.g.) makes me think his passing was a blessing in disguise.

Not sure how you could be a Jew AND a Philistine, but if there is a way, yeah, you found it.

Natural talent does not necessarily equal an ability to write songs that that sounded good mate.

I would have said Hendrix, but truth is, he belongs to the 60s because he was the big thing that time.

So with others in mind, with today's music-scene Im gonna go with Michael Hutchence, he oozed the S appeal, and he and Paula seemed to ultimate wild couple at yon time.
His songs were very raw and in those videos you just had to be drawn in by the way he looked at ‘you’.

He would still appeal today.

Very rough sxy.

False.

:applaud: There is NO "legit answer". It's all opinion!

As for me... :hmm: Lennon? Mercury? Bonham? All of them would be cool!

Ian Curtis, anyone?

Criminally oversighted.

His suicide was tragic, but I think what was lost with Curtis were essentially his lyrics. I kind of feel that New Order was a natural progression from Joy Division musically, though the music might have sounded much bleaker.....hard to say....wish he lived longer though.

Marc Bolan, damnit! It would be hilarious! There would have to be a surprise guest performance by Bowie, which would be funny as hell!
Morrissey would be standing somewhere in the wings being extremely confused... and eating a piece of toast. This is my dream.

Bolan was cremated so he'd have to be an ASH ZOMBIE! So. Awesome.

Frank Zappa
- best guitar player ever bar none
- he would have had a field day with how politics and popular culture has 'developed'
- many argue that his last album (Civilization Phase III) was his best
- I would have gotten to see him play live
- he rules

A tie:

John Lennon and Jimi

Honorable mention: Micheal Hutchence, John Bonham, Keith Moon, Buddy Holly and Stevie Ray Vaughn. Aww Hell, Jim Morrisson would be cool too.

Natural talent does not necessarily equal an ability to write songs that that sounded good mate.

Why does this comment not surprise me?

The Wind Cries Mary
Hey Joe
Manic Depression
Foxy Lady
Castles Made of Sand
Crosstown Traffic
Angel
Purple Haze
Fire
Little Wing
Bold As Love

...to name a handful.

Dang, I'm sorry I didn't think of Stevie Ray Vaughan like MrPryck2U. I'd love to see him back among us. :(

LOUIS ARMSTRONG

Saw him live in New Orleans..in a jazz bar. Exquisite
Elliott Smith

False.
He just does not do it for me, no matter how talented he might have been.

You had to be there

What I'd enjoy would be to hear Zeppelin play again, with John Bonham, who died while I was a kid.

This is an incredibility huge loss to music, in my opinion.

Jeff Buckley & Elliott Smith

I would have loved to have heard a great deal of his music if...
:applaud: There is NO "legit answer". It's all opinion!
:up:

As for me... :hmm: Lennon? Mercury? Bonham? All of them would be cool!

I was privileged to hear Jon Bonham/ Led Zepplin live in '73.
It's embedded in my soul.

The lead singer from The Cranberries. I'm not positive she's dead but I haven't heard anything about them in ages so I'm just going to assume. If only so that while they are eating our brains we'll hear "ZOMBIE, ZOMBIE, ZOMBI-EH-EH-EH!" :rockon:

The Cranberries decided that they wanted to persue solo careers a few years ago. Dolores O'Riordan is alive. She released an album last year called "Are you listening?"

rimshot.gif

Back
Top Bottom