if this doesn't get you pumped for the Triple J Hottest 100, nothing will

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so pumped right now.

Gee, I wonder if we'll have another dumbass 'they didn't include Taylor Swift' 'controversy' again this year.

I predict wall to wall Vance Joy and Chet Fucker.

Honestly I hope Courtney Barnett is not number one. I have nothing against her, in fact I more like than dislike her music, but I really am surprised and somewhat baffled how she has become the standard bearer for Aussie music when she's not even in the top fifty artists active in this country right now.

And if fucking Tame Impala do well I will... post a mildly derisive comment here or something.

Tampe Impala are so going to win something high in the rankings. Their brand of vaguely psychadelic fortune-cookie philosophising is just what the kids want right now. Every time I hear that wanker going on about how he's 'changing', I think 'fuck you. People don't change, they just reveal more what they were to begin with.'

Last edited:
By far the best thing I've heard from Courtney Barnett is Kim's Caravan (if I'm not misremembering), the one piece that most wildly diverges from her whole slacker-rock schtick. It won't be in the hottest 100.

Love the Tame Impala and Courtney Barnett albums a lot. Alpine is the other Aussie one I've loved this year.

Number one will be one of Can't Feel My Face, Lean On, Hotline Bling or a really shitty folksy or Chet Faker-style song I don't already know about.

Love the Tame Impala and Courtney Barnett albums a lot. Alpine is the other Aussie one I've loved this year.

Number one will be one of Can't Feel My Face, Lean On, Hotline Bling or a really shitty folksy or Chet Faker-style song I don't already know about.

I haven't heard any of these, except for Eves the Behaviour covering Can't Feel My Face live.

Dorsal Fins clearly released the Aussie album of the year. I will be pissed off if "Monday Tuesday" doesn't make the Hottest 100 (I haven't looked at the voting list yet so odds are the fuckers probably didn't even include it as an option):

my votes. just realised I left off Alpine

Tame Impala The Less I Know The Better
Twerps I Don't Mind
Kanye West Only One {Ft. Paul McCartney}
Kendrick Lamar How Much A Dollar Cost {Ft. James Fauntleroy/Ronald Isley}
Kendrick Lamar King Kunta
Sufjan Stevens Should Have Known Better
Courtney Barnett Depreston
Hot Chip Huarache Lights
TORRES Strange Hellos
D'Angelo And The Vanguard The Charade

Early Aus Day bbq tomorrow, we're repeating last years idea to build a playlist of all our votes in lieu of the countdown. Probably end up hearing King Kunta half a dozen times.

This is going to be the worst hottest 100 ever. Just listening to the 'picks' by various on-station personalities and beloved strayan artists, during their little stings, makes me want to curl up inside.

I feel like this year will be the best one in a while though. Last year's was the most white-bread bullshit ever, and it was still better than previous years, which all featured really awful songs very high up. This year I'm not sure there's going to be anything TOO terrible populating the top of the list. It'll be a bit crap, but it won't be bad.

But I'm probably wrong.

I haven't even thought about what I'm doing for STRAYA DAY this year, whether I'm going to listen to the Hottest 100 and fume about what made it or go somewhere well away from it and get wasted.

Anyway, my vote:

Alpine - Crunches
Chvrches - Never Ending Circles
Dorsal Fins - Sun & Stars
Eves The Behavior - Electrical
Grimes - Flesh Without Blood
HEALTH - Stonefist
Purity Ring - Flood On The Floor
Voltaire Twins - Long Weekend
Wolf Alice - Lisbon
Yumi Zouma - Catastrophe

I feel like this year will be the best one in a while though. Last year's was the most white-bread bullshit ever, and it was still better than previous years, which all featured really awful songs very high up. This year I'm not sure there's going to be anything TOO terrible populating the top of the list. It'll be a bit crap, but it won't be bad.

But I'm probably wrong.

Fair point maybe, on the top ten, but I suspect a lot of shitty EDM is going to make the list overall. Shitty EDM is the new Aussie hip hop.

Lol more Hottest 100 arguments. I have a love-hate relationship with the snobs. On one hand they're such idiots, but on the other hand, they're really funny. "We don't want the Hottest 100 to be full of MAINSTREAM RUBBISH", they argue, forgetting that the song that will probably win this year (Lean On) was perhaps the most mainstream song of 2015.

Pleased to see Twilight Driving made it at #98.

You know, what Halsey represents is truly infuriating but Ghost isn't actually too shit a track.

Oh hell yes, Begin Again made it. One of the best songs of 2015.

You elicit a big ol' meh from me.

Ah hell here's Bring Me the Horizon to ruin our day.

Two Courtney Barnett songs already. Shall we start the betting on how many there'll be by the end?

I'm saying five.

Elevator Operator, Pedestrian at Best and maybe Dead Fox if it appears soon.

Flesh Without Blood this fucking low?

IT'S A BLOODY OUTRAGE IT IS.

Ugh yeah the Grimes vote has probably been split between Realiti and Flesh Without Blood.

But I'm outraged that more people voted for literally anything that places ahead of Flesh Without Blood.

How many Hilltop Hoods tracks will finish above Flesh Without Blood?

Who the fuck voted for this Skepta track and why are there more such people than those who voted for Flesh Without Blood.

Australia's going to hell in a handbasket, people. Prime evidence right here.

Back
Top Bottom