if this doesn't get you pumped for the Triple J Hottest 100, nothing will

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loud Places was way too low.

I'm convinced The Wombats have some kind of visa thing going on where their music isn't allowed to escape the Aussie border.

Hahahahaha I see I was dead right when I called Vallis Alps lowest common denominator shit manufactured to get a place on the Hottest 100.

As I ranted in my year-end list:

LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR AWARD FOR TRYING TO MANUFACTURE A SPOT ON THE TRIPLE J HOTTEST 100

VALLIS ALPS - SELF-TITLED EP

Look, this isn't actually bad music, I gave it 2.5 stars, but I can't help thinking that people who like it should be locked away because of what it represents. If you used a computer to trawl through Triple J's playlists, extract the various common tropes and motifs, and put them together in an attempt to create the most "Triple J in the early 2010s"-sounding material ever, you would get Vallis Alps. It's copy-and-paste music, a cheap pastiche of fairly inoffensive trends, the sort of music you listen to when you absolutely cannot bring yourself to be challenged or have any new experiences whatsoever. Do you want to look like you listen to hip new music but fear being an individual or carving out anything faintly resembling your own niche? Then put on this generic EP and let your life drift on by. Congratulations on being just like every other person who wishes they weren't just like every other person.

(Could possibly say the same about this boring Safia shit on right now.)

^I can't put a face to the name, so to speak. Or maybe i can but only heard the artist's name said out loud (badly) on the air, and so don't recognise them.

Oh good, Macklemore appears while I'm on the tram and can't hear him mackle. That was well timed.

This is literally the first time I've heard Hotline Bling.

It sucks.

Seriously, how is this popular? What a disgustingly bad and boring song.

Also, it's a mobile phone, dickhead.

Disclosure's album was underrated. Very fine dance record, albeit not as loaded with hits as the first.

Will Lorde be the only woman in the top ten?

Also, Kendrick will win.

I have no idea who Jarryd James is. So far, I don't think I've missed out on much. His voice like a balloon deflating.

I have no idea who Jarryd James is. So far, I don't think I've missed out on much. His voice like a balloon deflating.

Yeah fuck that was boring.

I expected Eves the Behaviour to appear somewhere here with Electrical. She won't place this high, so obviously she missed out. I look forward to when Triple J publishes the Hottest 101-200.

Back
Top Bottom