I would like to do a 'Standing at Concerts' poll with you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately it seems like at most concerts, the majority would rather be stoned or drunk than actually appreciate music.
YES. i've no problem with people drinking or doing drugs, but i do not get the point of doing that during a concert. last concert i went to was indoors in an odd place (like not an arena or bar or anything) and i smelled pot smoke the whole time and had part of a beer spill on me. :|

Just as he was about to make his way past me, I yanked him back by the hood on his sweater and told him to go back to his seat. He looked completely startled that I wasn’t playing along with his antics…I thought I was about to start a riot, but an incredibly beefy security guard read the situation, and in an instant the guy was forcibly removed from the show.
:love: you're my new hero.

I think pushing in front of people is the hieght of bad manners, even if it's in a line at the bank or at the shops, you dont push in. I think the same rule should apply to concerts.

I ALWAYS try to get standing/GA tickets for a concert, because, for me, that's just part of the live experience at a rock show. Sometimes it happens that I don't manage to get GA tickets, then I take seats and tell myself it's better than not having any tickets at all, but I don't enjoy it as much.

If I want to get to the front I go there early enough. At many venues they close the front section(s) after a certain time when there are enough people in there, so those who are early get the chance to get into the front sections and others don't, I think that's okay.

What I HATE is people pushing their way to the front, usually it's guys who are twice my size who kind of bully their way through to the front rows, God I hate that.

What I consider one of the biggest "evils" in concerts today is people taking photos and making videos with their cell phones. I remember a time when this wasn't possible (good old days), and I honestly feel it takes away so much from the concert experience because a. especially in the front people are holding up their fucking cameras and barring your view and b. people forget to cheer and celebrate because they are so busy taking these damned photos and videos. Crowds aren't the same anymore because of cell phones, I honestly tell you, it's so annoying.

Back
Top Bottom