I need to expand my "horizons"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropop40

Refugee
Interference is called Interference because it int
So, I come to you folks with an intense love for only 2 bands. U2 and radiohead. I have dabbled in a lot of other music now and again, but I never have been so musically connected to any other bands except for those 2.

However, what I have learned is that I get bored with music that doesnt challenge me (ex. most rock music). So I come to you looking for a very abstract avant-garde band that is very experimental but has its basis in rock. I love ambient music and soundscapes. music that makes me feel and see images. (hence my love for radiohead and U2).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a band like this. One that is very experimental, challenging, and creates beautiful soundscapes??

any help would be greatly appreciated, as since we all have a common dominator (U2), you guys would probably be more helpful for my music taste than the average joe.

thanks! :wave:

Hey, I love Radiohead too.
But I'm not all that into avant-garde and excessively experimental bands, so I'm not sure if my recommendations would be useful. Anyway, I guess you should try Primal Scream and Super Furry Animals. You might like those two.

I agree with Joyful, and will add these to the list:

My Bloody Valentine
Mogwai
Explosions in the Sky
Clinic
The Beta Band

Post-rock, shoegaze, slowcore, and a lot of electronica has done me well during my periods of boredom with music.

Yeah, I was going to say Sigur Rós might be a good start. ( ) is, in my opinion, their best album, but most will tell you to try Ágætis byrjun. The song joyful posted is the final track on ( ) and probably my favorite song of theirs. I second the recommendation of Explosions in the Sky and would like to also recommend a band called Do Make Say Think.

I actually think this album would be a real door opener for you:

soft_bulletin.jpg

so im really like sigur ros. but the fact that i dont understand a word of it and that its in another language is kind of a turn off for me. However, instrumentally its gorgeous and beautiful :drool:

Which album did you buy?

So, I come to you folks with an intense love for only 2 bands. U2 and radiohead. I have dabbled in a lot of other music now and again, but I never have been so musically connected to any other bands except for those 2.

However, what I have learned is that I get bored with music that doesnt challenge me (ex. most rock music). So I come to you looking for a very abstract avant-garde band that is very experimental but has its basis in rock. I love ambient music and soundscapes. music that makes me feel and see images. (hence my love for radiohead and U2).

Does anyone have a suggestion for a band like this. One that is very experimental, challenging, and creates beautiful soundscapes??

any help would be greatly appreciated, as since we all have a common dominator (U2), you guys would probably be more helpful for my music taste than the average joe.

thanks! :wave:

No offense, but you already started another thread asking if U2 was everyone's favorite band, and asked what else people were really into.

Was this separate one necessary? It seems like it's coming from the same train of thought.

No offense, but you already started another thread asking if U2 was everyone's favorite band, and asked what else people were really into.

Was this separate one necessary? It seems like it's coming from the same train of thought.

no it wasnt meant to be redundant. That thread was more of if U2 is your favorite band, and this one is more of a personal recomendation type thing.
sorry if I am being redundant, it wasnt meant to be like that.

Right, but your initial post in each one was about how much you like Radiohead and U2, and unless the intention of your first thread was to have a bunch of people say simply "yes, me too", you're essentially asking about people's favorite music outside those two bands in each of these threads.

:shrug:

Right, but your initial post in each one was about how much you like Radiohead and U2, and unless the intention of your first thread was to have a bunch of people say simply "yes, me too", you're essentially asking about people's favorite music outside those two bands in each of these threads.

Does it really matter?

Well why merge anything, then? I'm not a mod, but I'm just trying to point out what I viewed as posting redundant threads.

It's not like I'm sitting here yelling WTF n00b?!?!

I didnt think about it that deeply lol...

but um... sorry, I didnt mean to do that, I kind of see it as 2 different intentions but I get your point.

Don't taze me, bro!

(PS: I think Sicy said they took away the filter ... we don't need the dreaded clf anymore!)

Back
Top Bottom