Hip-Hop Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listening now to Pinata Beats from Madlib. This dude never misses with the instrumentals. There's a nice mosaic of soul, funk, electronica, and ambient in here, and a pretty mellow flow throughout. I haven't heard the proper album with Freddie Gibbs, but as a pure instrumental set this thing is top-notch.

There will be no lyric that makes me laugh harder, this year than "I'll give you the Gladys Knight you ever seen".

Well, Low End Theory gets the award for most obscure reference in a hip-hop song so far: Scott Skiles, he of moderate Orlando Magic fame.

I've mentioned them in one of the hip hop threads before, but I'm going to repeat myself and say that everyone needs to listen to the first two Little Brother albums. My God, they're perfect. 9th Wonder's production is like a cross between Madlib and early Kanye. No bad tracks, ever. I wish they hadn't faced such bad luck and label issues.

I'm gonna let Cobbler complain and just enjoy the fact that someone acknowledged Tortoise for the time being.

How are you going to pronounce Melbourne during the Richie Ross verse?

Ricky Roass the Bauws actually doesn't pronounce it tooooo badly in the song. But I'll be closer to "melbin"

You won't be saying that once he starts playing "Attak" live.

Ehhhh. Don't get me wrong man, Attak is absolutely fucking nuts, but it's in a similar vein to the set. Would love to hear a Float On or a Grown Up.

Back
Top Bottom