Hip-Hop Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LM is gonna hate me for this, but Mr Morales & The Big Steppers is way better than DAMN.
Well, I certainly disagree! It's my least favorite Kendrick album to date at the moment, but it's still good.

The album starts and ends extremely well but, as with our beloved Paul Hewson, the midsection is flabby. A 14 track, DAMN length version of this album would flow a lot better.

Well, I certainly disagree! It's my least favorite Kendrick album to date at the moment, but it's still good.

The album starts and ends extremely well but, as with our beloved Paul Hewson, the midsection is flabby. A 14 track, DAMN length version of this album would flow a lot better.
Aight never mind, I love it now.

What changed? A friend of mine hates it. I'm seeing quite a lot of people dislike it, and I feel like it's because it's not hard rap (even though it's got plenty of great rapping on it). People just remember Humble and DNA and think that's who he is and are disappointed in the ~softer~ production direction.

P4k prediction?
8.9 and BNM I reckon.
lmao I just saw they posted it yesterday. 7.6. yikes. Now I like it even more.

Pretty much. The first listen to this was rough because after 5 years and everything that went down in the world during that time, I wanted RAPS. Kendrick going crazy on every track.

Instead I just sat there getting increasingly impatient as one track after another passed with more singing and features. My expectations got crushed.

Stepping back and appreciating the album for what it is instead of what it isn't, I love it now. Everything is well crafted and it all sounds so much more purposeful after multiple listens.

Madvillainy is one of my favourite albums ever made, and potentially the album I've listened to more than any other in my life. But I gotta say, MM..FOOD is starting to give it a run for its money.

On a whim I listened to a Tyler, the Creator album for the first time: Igor. I was surprised that it was really more of a funk/soul album than a rap album. I dug it.

Back
Top Bottom