Hip-Hop Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been trying to seek out the most acclaimed hip-hop of the last decade or so. Two names I kept running into on various lists were Isaiah Rashad and Shabazz Palaces. Gave the latter's Black Up a listen today and really dug it: adventurous, liquefied grooves with some unconventional, almost mystical subject matter (sample song title: "An Echo from the Hosts Who Process Infinitum").

Going to look into Rashad later this week, I hope.

Ghostface Killah Says “Shithead" Martin Shkreli Should Release One-of-a-Kind Wu-Tang Album | News | Pitchfork

[TWEET]690625749049544704[/TWEET]

05FFwEx.png

Did anybody check out pusha t's new album that came out last month in a song untouchable he name drops bono and edge.

Here's his album darkest before dawn: the prelude

Last edited:
I'd totally forgotten about that. I'm definitely gonna check it out as I loved his last one.

This is a superbly well-made set of videos that show where 100 famous hip hop samples come from. I just spent an hour trying to guess each one:

Saw Wu-Tang Clan tonight. Sans Method Man, who isn't touring with them. Still, RZA, GZA, Ghostface, Raekwon and one of either Masta Killa or Cappadonna, that's not bad, all things considered.

But man, live hip-hop can just suck sometimes. I mean, I had fun. It was mildly fun to bounce around to 4th Chamber. That beat's undeniable and somehow still manages to cut through the shithouse acoustics of a tennis stadium with the bass cranked up to the nth degree. But I paid $100 fucking dollars and I heard more of Smells Like Teen Spirit and Come Together than I did of Protect Ya Neck. Their most iconic fucking song, and neither RZA nor GZA did their verses. They make the fucking song. I mean fuck. So disappointing. Ghostface is still as sick as ever, probably the only one with a solid rep in tact (says the skinny white dude from Australia), but man. Wish my mate hadn't asked me to come, there's no way in hell I'd have bought my own ticket.

Oh well. GZA signed my shoe a few years ago at a sick gig at a small club where he did his Protect Ya Neck verse AND Swordsman AND could just be fucking heard above a distorted mumble. I'll always have that.

Heyo, Bo knows this, (What?) and Bo knows that (What?)
But Bo don't know jack, cause Bo can't rap
Well what do you know, the Di-Dawg, is first up to bat
No batteries included, and no strings attached

:(

Microphone check one two what is this?
The five foot assassin with the roughneck business

God damn this guy had so many great lines.

Edit: Looks like gaffer beat me to this one in the other thread :up:

Holy fuck, who mixed/mastered this Chance tape? The vocals are clipping all over the place. It's physically painful to listen to without even turning it up that far.

I like the direction he's taking though.

It really it mixed really low all over and parts are definitely rough. That said how amazingly well it shines through despite having to fight through it a bit says a lot. This is an astoundingly good piece of music.

Back
Top Bottom